Side Sliding Door Not Unlocking Consistently T6 17plate

lenlec

T6 Pro
Hi all the side door on my van doesn’t open all the time. Sometimes takes loads of attempts on my key fob to open it

I have the same. I have twin sliding doors and my passenger side is the most tempramental of them. I am wondering if the lock button is stopping it from popping up. I need to take it off to see if it improves it. I would be interested in know what the problem might be.

lenlec, my 2018 T6 was exactly the same. At first it was failing to unlock now and then, but got worse as time went on, and eventually would only open manually from inside. It appears that it is a common fault on the sliding doors. A friend of mine had the same problem with his T6. We both had them repaired under warranty at our local dealership at no cost to us. Ironically, when I took my van in to the dealership. their curtesy T6 bus (19 plate) also had the same problem! LOL. Must admit the VW warranty is very good, they have fixed faults a couple of times for me free of charge.

Mine got fixed a couple of weeks ago. The problem was a piece of plastic (like the remains of a sprue on an airfix kit) was fouling and preventing the internal push down lock button from coming up.

Took mine in to van centre in Cov. Listers. They said there was nothing wrong with it. Very strange.

Lenlec - That's typical, but it will no doubt get worse as mine did! Then they might agree it is faulty and repair it! Good luck with that.

Had the same issue with my near side door not unlocking. Had to cycle the locks a few times or just reach around from the front.

they replaced the unit. Was told that there is a new part number for the unit so vw have changed it recently

Back