Central Locking Issue.

I have searched for ages to try and find this, but no answer.

Since having my van serviced last week, I seem to have an issue with the central locking.
I have it set on Auto-Lock, and it's always been fine, but now when I pull off where it should lock, it locks, unlocks, locks and then sticks at unlock in quick succession.
Also, my side door where all my products are, keeps jamming locked, and the only way to unlock it, is to keep pressing lock and unlock on the remote until it finally unlocks.

The issue is if you look at the picture, my side door is totally shelved in, meaning I cannot access it from the inside of the van to unlock it. Which worst case scenario, permanently locks, means a whole lot of mess and damage trying to get access to the back of the sliding door from the inside.

I've tried cleaning the door contacts, but this hasn't fixed the issue, and it was fine until it went in for the service, which might be just coincidental. VW said there were no software updates, so no settings should have changed.

View attachment 32228

@Tourershine can you not cut a round hole in the racking to squeeze your hand through just in case it perminantly locks?

Set autolock via carista and its developed the fault that when i set off it locks then unlocks then locks again in quick succesion and now my ns slider wont open. Anyone any ideas as to a fix?.

We developed a fault over the weekend. Pulling away the MFD said the drivers side sliding door was open. The door clearly wasn't. It kept going off every time I went round a bend or corner.

Locked the van when I got to my destination, check the door, bear in mind the van is locked, and the sliding door not locked at all but all the others are.

Carista showed the following fault codes: -

03301 - Feedback locked- position drivers-door
03302 - Feedback locked-position passengers-door
03303 - Feedback locked-position rear left
03303 - Feedback locked-position rear right.

At some point I couldn't even get the sliding door open. Managed to tickle something on the lock at which point the door open. Check the fault codes..all gone.

School run this morning... door issues again!

Worked out what the problem is after the missus came at this from a different angle.

The contact jobby in the door looks to be broken inside and instead of moving smoothly when the sliding door shuts gets caught on the broken bit and then doesn’t make the contact as it should.

Any one know what it’s real name is or where I can get one from?
D33A862A-93EA-4535-AAE2-68C8C7AE0C3E.jpeg

B04F8550-DC35-441A-8577-E9755FE82BB4.jpeg

I've found some on eBay, looks to be used on the T5/t6 and caddy. I've not replace it yet but it's not played up either since I fitted it back in

Strangely mine started playing up again yesterday, but it was exceptionally cold. I just learn to put up with it.

I'm waiting for the dealers to contact me about mine going in for this to be fixed. It started off with the osr door not unlocking on the fob. This then went to only unlocking with a couple of firm pulls on the rear handle. They did a software update, which they thought had fixed it, until I tried it when I collected it. They are now ordering a new lock module, which is what VCDS and the internet told me is was in the first place.

Oddly, since having the battery disconnected for another job, it's worked perfectly.

Mine’s just started playing up.
Auto locking intermittently goes crazy, lock / unlock when pulling away.
Intermittently, the sliding door needs two clicks on the key fob to unlock.

Is it the cold weather? What’s the official fix please?

The official VW fix is to tell you that they will order a new lock module and arrange to collect the van from you and leave you with a courtesy vehicle within a couple of days, only to not ring you to arrange a time to do this, or return any of your calls for at least 3 weeks.

Update - called VW assist and the nice man replaced the sliding door lock module thing. Just need to do the same for the passenger mirror/window now.

Mine got fixed a couple of weeks ago. The problem was a piece of plastic (like the remains of a sprue on an airfix kit) was fouling and preventing the internal push down lock button from coming up.

Mine got fixed a couple of weeks ago. The problem was a piece of plastic (like the remains of a sprue on an airfix kit) was fouling and preventing the internal push down lock button from coming up.
@dubber36 was this sprue inside the lock mechanism?

I don't really know. The dealer told me it was on the button that you push down to lock it from inside.

Back