Side on Sunday.

Don’t see the problem if I’m honest.. :whistle: looks awful

Sounded worse on the A14 when driving. I noticed a tiny kink on the edge of the tyre the day before when I used my tyre shine applicator but thought nothing of it, then 180 miles later that huge bulge. It must of suddenly given way, because the bubble started hitting the inner arch and vibrating the steering wheel. Thank god I'm so static low because if it hadn't been hitting the inner arch, I don't think I'd of noticed until it went bang and at motorway speeds and a little higher, a front tyre blow out could of been pretty scary, not to mention destroying the wheel, which thankfully didn't get damaged.

Sounded worse on the A14 when driving. I noticed a tiny kink on the edge of the tyre the day before when I used my tyre shine applicator but thought nothing of it, then 180 miles later that huge bulge. It must of suddenly given way, because the bubble started hitting the inner arch and vibrating the steering wheel. Thank god I'm so static low because if it hadn't been hitting the inner arch, I don't think I'd of noticed until it went bang and at motorway speeds and a little higher, a front tyre blow out could of been pretty scary, not to mention destroying the wheel, which thankfully didn't get damaged.
Wow that was lucky Paul. Must have been big pot hole for it to go like that. Scary good job you spotted it

Wow that was lucky Paul. Must have been big pot hole for it to go like that. Scary good job you spotted it

To be honest, this year the roads seem far worse than previous years. I'm guessing the councils will say it's down to Covid and no staff working for months, but I seem to spend more time dodging huge holes than actually watching the car in front of me. I'm surprised I've never been pulled over for suspected drink driving.

To be honest, this year the roads seem far worse than previous years. I'm guessing the councils will say it's down to Covid and no staff working for months, but I seem to spend more time dodging huge holes than actually watching the car in front of me. I'm surprised I've never been pulled over for suspected drink driving.

agreed, I do a lot of mileage and the roads are shocking
Surely common sense would say in lockdown was the perfect time to fix them
I guess they’ll blame cost cutting or like you say covid
That’s a good excuse
Thoughts that’s what you pay road tax for

Totally agree! I don’t do a lot of mileage myself compared to some of you boys, but I’ve driven on some roads recently that are more like farm tracks.... you just can’t see a clear way through and end up bracing yourself and trying to levitate out of the drivers seat! Naturally a lot of cussing and swearing follows!:mad:

Disgraceful how councils pulled so many civil works at the start of lockdown. All those opportunities to actually crack on with works that is difficult to timetable and so many sub-contractors went to the wall
No doubt in my mind, some councils saw the opportunity to Furlough their road repair staff and save some money, every pound saved helps fund their latest P.C. project!
Sorry for being so cynical, my wife used to work for the county council and saw waste on an epic scale.

Well, I must give the councils around here my due then. Everyone is really pissed off at the amount of roadworks and resurfacing that is going on. The roads are in better condition than they have been for a while.

Back