Side on Sunday.

Did you go to South Stack? You would have spotted my van on the way if you did.

Did you go to South Stack? You would have spotted my van on the way if you did.
I didn't dave it was cold and raining so we never got out the van :rofl: just needed to get out the house so ended up in Anglesey for a drive, 270 miles later we are home, shell garage near the menai bridge did a nice costa coffee and a nice chat with the lady who served me, I will be doing some research on campsites up there might do a night or 2 over the summer holidays with the kids

Nice way to enjoy the van, 270 miles round the north coast and into the mountains.

There’s a nice looking campsite between Holyhead and Trearddur Bay, plus the coastline and beaches are amazing around there, kids love it.

Nice way to enjoy the van, 270 miles round the north coast and into the mountains.

There’s a nice looking campsite between Holyhead and Trearddur Bay, plus the coastline and beaches are amazing around there, kids love it.
cheers dave will look that one up, nice drive indeed up the A55 on the way up and threw the mountains on way home £40 worth of diesel well spent

Side on Sunday with a difference.
Before any of the usual suspects comment on how dodgy my area is, the thieves around here at least have the decency to leave some axle stands and a nice jack!

View attachment 18002

I actually spent all morning detailing the paintwork and under the arches, in readiness for the wheels coming back from the re-furbers, just before it hailed, then rained, then snowed.
Being in the industry i'm in, I get to try out a lot of products on my paintwork, and most don't live up to the claims, but I have to give a huge thumbs up to a new Autoglym product.
I was lucky enough to get to test out their new improved HD wax that I was sent. I've had the original HD wax for several years, and it was ok, but I rarely picked it up when doing my van.
This newer version is actually one of the best finishing products i've ever tried. Ok, my paint is pretty good already, and it does have the base of our own paint protection product already on the van, but this new HD is amazing! It's really easy to apply, and even easier to remove, and gives a really rich depth in my Black, making the metallic really pop.
It's not a cheap wax by any means, but judging by my old tub, it will last most owners a lifetime. The box is really nice, and it's like opening a new Apple device, and comes with applicator pads and a finishing cloth.
I will add that this product does not like being left in a cold garage, and needs some warmth through it before you use it, so i'd store indoors if it was me, but anyone that has perfect paintwork, particularly a darker colour should give this stuff a try.

View attachment 18005
Is it ok on protected paintwork?

Is it ok on protected paintwork?

If you mean is it ok to detail and add the HD wax on a vehicle on paintwork that's had a sealer applied, then yes providing you don't use harsh chemicals that might remove the sealers first.
The HD is only a protection, and won't effect what's already on the paint as a sealer, there's no abrasives in this product like you'd see in something like Super Resin, which is also a great product, but even the very fine abrasive action of Super Resin shouldn't really effect a good sealer.

Some people rate paint sealers, some think they are a waste of money. I can only judge things on what we do for a living, and in my industry they are almost crucial, but that's to prevent certain issues in the future that are very common, and I don't normally work with painted surfaces, only gelcoats, enamel coats, and powder coated finishes on the panels we work, apart from the odd high end Motorhomes that are sometimes fully painted the same way as a car, but that's rare and very expensive.
Sealers are only as good as the products and aftercare you use once they are applied, but none of them are maintenance free if you want them to last.

Last edited:
Back