(Side Assist) / (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

2005 1T1 Touran , Engine CFGC from scirocco, Kessy system from Scirocco , DSG from passat B7, leather seats from 1T3 Cross touran, wing mirros , cluster from Sharan , Brakes ABS + calipers from Scirocco, ACC radar from B7, RCTA from Sharan, MFSW from Sharan,

@dnoermann would you mind to check with your friend which module is the actual source of RTA audio warning on his retrofit?
Is it Instrument Cluster buzzer, PDC buzzer or maybe vehicle audio system speakers?
My friend says that it commes from the back extra Speaker of the ParkDistanceControl

And just to add to the above, the RTA system remains active until vehicle starts moving forward :thumbsup:.
I am not sure if this is the result of having bidirectional rear sensors or simply system knows that vehicle is starting to gain speed while reversing gear is not engaged.
I have managed to verify this :thumbsup:.

With factory OEM ABS sensors (unidirectional) on rear axle the RCTA system remains active when vehicle is on the move backwards with reversing gear engaged only.

But with bidirectional ABS sensors on rear axle the RCTA system(once triggered) remains active as long as vehicle is moving backwards and this is regardless of reversing gear being engaged or not.

Additionally to the above.

Having factory OEM ABS sensors (unidirectional) on rear axle the PDC guide lines (generated on DM) show forward movement only, even when vehicle moves backwards with reversing gear engaged.

And with bidirectional ABS sensors on rear axle the PDC guide lines display movement direction accordingly to the actually movement of the vehicle (forward or backward).

Hello everybody.
I converted the PDC and flashed it with the 1K8919249C. unfortunately he now has a data record error. where can I get a parameter set for my control unit? Thanks for your help!

VCP sever would be the easiest source but this requires possession of a genuine interface.
There is a choice of 3 files.

2005 1T1 Touran , Engine CFGC from scirocco, Kessy system from Scirocco , DSG from passat B7, leather seats from 1T3 Cross touran, wing mirros , cluster from Sharan , Brakes ABS + calipers from Scirocco, ACC radar from B7, RCTA from Sharan, MFSW from Sharan,
1K0937087AN - this is from Skoda SuperB , because only support Xenon with "analog" shutter
7N0035730BR
Thanks again.
You wouldn't dare to post your complete unedited VCDS Autoscan, would you?
Don't bother posting,
I have found it already(so many DTCs :whistle:).
Internet never forgets ;).

Discover Media on T6 is a PQ35 unit which makes it 100% compatible with 5Q0 radars(they can be configured to operate as PQ35).

View attachment 66967
( credit to @mmi for supplying the screenshot ;) )

But to display the actual visual RTA warning, the PDC unit has to be upgraded.

There are 2 choices:

1. 1K8 919 472 C
PROS: straight fit with adapter

View attachment 66974

Or repining

View attachment 66975

CONS: much more expensive

2. 5Q0 919 294 K

PROS: much cheaper
CONS: requires reflashing with 1K8 919 472 C firmware

EDIT:
Obviously same loom and same repining as above applies :whistle:

Hello,
I Just buy my T6 with Sat nav, front assist, ACC, etc... (For me it's Discover Media)
And would like to do the front PDC retrofit because I have just Rear PDC but, for me I have PQ25 Unit :
20210507_181929.jpg
So is it possible to put the 1K8 919 472 C PDC module as you they to have better fonctionnality ? Or it will change nothing and need to upgrade to PQ35 ?

Others question, still no possibility to add Side Assist with Rear double doors ?

Cheers,
Flavien

Hello,
I Just buy my T6 with Sat nav, front assist, ACC, etc... (For me it's Discover Media)
And would like to do the front PDC retrofit because I have just Rear PDC but, for me I have PQ25 Unit :
View attachment 115282
So is it possible to put the 1K8 919 472 C PDC module as you they to have better fonctionnality ? Or it will change nothing and need to upgrade to PQ35 ?

Others question, still no possibility to add Side Assist with Rear double doors ?

Cheers,
Flavien
Only P&P with =rear hatch , once you have barn door not easy,.
Side assistance module is place under lights ,
I made in my with barn doors, I mounted it lower...... under bumper on site tow hitch
still need pull wires , but look good

Discover Media on T6 is a PQ35 unit which makes it 100% compatible with 5Q0 radars(they can be configured to operate as PQ35).

View attachment 66967
( credit to @mmi for supplying the screenshot ;) )

But to display the actual visual RTA warning, the PDC unit has to be upgraded.

There are 2 choices:

1. 1K8 919 472 C
PROS: straight fit with adapter

View attachment 66974

Or repining

View attachment 66975

CONS: much more expensive

2. 5Q0 919 294 K

PROS: much cheaper
CONS: requires reflashing with 1K8 919 472 C firmware

EDIT:
Obviously same loom and same repining as above applies :whistle: .

Thanks for your reply and for barn doors quote informations !

For the Pq35 on Discover Media, are you 100% sure ? I have the BCM that I have pictured, and I have Sat navigation on my unit and If i'm right, the only unit on T6 with Sat nav is Discover Media ? Or i'm Wrong ?

Cheers,
Flavien
(Sorry I'm new on the T6 world...)

Discover Media is the only head unit with SatNav.
This unit by default is for PQ35 but it also is compatible with all PQ platform vehicles (T6 being PQ25 included).

Back