Shuttle Seats Help!

Hi, I've got a shuttle, and I can no longer get the seats to tilt or come out, one was like this when I got it, and the other has just stopped working. I've had a go, but I cant see how to get the seats out. I can get to the end of the cable that moves when you pull the seat tilt lever (to get into the third row), its got a small pin on the end, and I suspect that a circlip has broken and this pin has come loose.

Whatever has come loose, has also affected the mechanism to remove the seat, as I can no longer remove it.
The seat still folds flat.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions

Thanks in advance

OK. So after getting the appropriate spline bits I was able to remove the seat, by unfastening the locking feet, which released from the floor as I lifted the seat forwards.
Is there a knack to releasing these seats with the metal handle, that I'm just not figuring out, as I cant see whats wrong, other than I can't get the bloody things out without resorting to spanners and socket wrenches!
The middle seat comes out fine, but it has a different release mechanism.

OK So time and weather came into alignment this morning, and I was able to have another crack at this problem. Thought I'd just post an update in case anyone else has the same problem.

The issue is that neither of the seats in the second row, would pivot forwards to allow access to the third row. The seat would also not come out.

So I removed the seat, by undoing the 4 bolts that hold the rear feet in place. Then carefully tipping the seat forwards, the mechanism works, and the feet release. The seat can then be tilted forwards, and removed.

I put the feet back into position, and replaced the nuts and bolts.

I then removed the base of the seat, there are 4 spline bolts holding this in place, they are a light grey. One is tricky to remove, and I had to resort to using a spanner on the spline bit as it was too tight to get the socket wrench in.

With the seat base removed, I could finally see where the pin should go.

I managed to get the pin in place, and its held in place by a piece of plastic on the other side.

The seat was now able to pivot forwards

Reassembled the seat and put it back in the van. Pivots fine.
This is where I discover why I couldn't remove the seats. You need to pivot the seat forwards before they can be removed. Fantastic design

The other side was easier, it was just stuck fast. Removing the seat and base as before, I was able to release the mechanism with the big screwdriver, and after a pivoting it back and forth a few times, it seems fine too.

Don’t have the same issue got a Kombi but FairPlay you sorted it....also gives others a heads up ....nice one :thumbsup:

Brilliant right up @TheHungryGhost.

Picked up a T6.1 shuttle that’s like this and the dealership have said they’ll pay to get it resolved (if not already covered under warranty).

Using your helpful info, I had a nosey myself and managed to find my loose pin and pop it back in the hole/slot.
No sign of the circlip lurking around on the floor so the seat worked a few times then the pin popped back out again - was going to happen!

to save the hassle of faffing with booking it in at the dealers for diagnostic then to do the work, do you know what size circlip it needs?
And how the chuff did you manage to locate the clip on the end of the pin?
Looks impossible to get any tool/fingers in there.
Hats off to you for succeeding

heers.

Glad I could be of some help. I've attached a pic that I took at the time, and from what I can remember, the pin is held in place by the plastic part. I seem to remember thinking should there be a circlip, but I don't think there was a groove for one. Touch wood, mine is working ok, but I don't fold the seats very often. Mine's a 6, so they may have changed the design slightlyIMG_20200308_110540032.jpg

Back