Shuttle SE Spec Review

volts

Hoping to hit the Go button on a Shuttle SE LWB 150 DSG in Bamboo Green shortly the base vehicle coming from the Motability Scheme. It will be my last one (buying it after the 3 year lease) so need to make it count. So first off the 3rd Row of seats is going as space trumps the need for seats

Now for Options

Devonport Alloys No Cost

Water heater with programmable parking heater with radio control - For those cold days as a day van (extreme occasional) without starting the engine:- I'm not sure if its diseal or battery powered (if so does it come with a bigger/second battery)

Electric Sliding Doors (both sides) Why not??

Lights and Vision Package (because you need it for the heated windscreen)

Leather Multi-functional steering wheel- looks better and id miss the vol up and down buttons if i didn't have it.

Electric Tailgate: helps loading and unloading the MountainTrike and electric wheelchair (hoping to get it to close via keyfob too)

App Connect: for Google Maps

Towbar removable (again future proof IF i decide to tow)

Wing Mirrors foldable: Do they fold when locking ???? (had function on previous cars)

Front Rear parking sensors with rear camera: Due to its length

Sliding Windows on Drivers and Passenger Side.

High Beam Assist:- Used to it on current car so would miss it

Front Fog Lights- Never used them in previous cars but sods law if i don't spec them

Green heat insulating glass with privacy glass in rear passenger compartment

Without Model/Engine badges (tidys the rear end) No Cost

Heated Windscreen (Ex - Ford man so used to QuickClear) Is it on par with Quickclear

Composition Media 6.33 touch screen (required for Rear cam and App Connect)

And another thing that swung for a VW is the seemingly excellent support/advice i've observed on this forum of late.Something i look for in a potential purchase.

Have i made any boo boo's???

Why have a coolant heater - wouldn't an air heater be more suited to your envisaged use? A coolant heater is designed more for warming up an engine for cold climes.
I meant to ask my friend whether he had a heater fitted to his build - adapted with chair lift and hand controls ( it took 4 months for all his adaptations to be done after the van arrived in the UK ).
LED headlights - first item on the list when I specified my build. I hate to think what it is like driving with the standard candles.
Bamboo green the only colour to have!

Yeah it's a bit pants LED lights aren't on the online builder

I'm am a bit puzzled by the water heater with programmable parking heater. I initially thought it would heat coolant then throw the heat through the vents in the passenger compartment. Perhaps not

Parking heater will put warm air into the cab via the vents, and yes you get a second battery under the passenger seat

If you can afford it spec the led headlights. Yours is a close spec to ours only we went for power latching doors. I found this forum after we placed the order and would deffo had gone for the leds.

The coolant heater will not put the heat into the back of the van AFAIK which is why I say have the air heater. Strange that the blurb for the Shuttle says that led headlights are an option then they are not on the configurator I just checked and they are not on there!

Strange that they are not on the configurator now. But it was last august when we ordered ours.

Water heater with programmable parking heater with radio control - For those cold days as a day van (extreme occasional) without starting the engine:- I'm not sure if its diseal or battery powered (if so does it come with a bigger/second battery)

I have the programmable heater (not air) with remote and loved this option dearly during winter when entering a nicely preheated cabin. No complaints from passaengers in the back either.
In my van that option didn't add an extra battery.

Electric Tailgate: helps loading and unloading the MountainTrike and electric wheelchair (hoping to get it to close via keyfob too)

I also have the electric tailgate and if not already so out of the box it is programmable to open/close from the keyfob (and the driver side door button).
Specified the setting to my dealer pre-delivery so not sure whether it is setup that way by default or they set it up for me.

Wing Mirrors foldable: Do they fold when locking ???? (had function on previous cars)

My van has the foldable wingmirrors as well.
To my knowledge and as far as I made it folding the mirrors does not follow locking the car and instead takes a long press on the keyfob. Also the mirrors does not unfold until ignition is turned on.

As many says:
Get the LED lights they are fantastic.
IF not on the configurator I would definitely grab a dealer and ask him to make it happen.

Good luck with it all.

No LED Headlights available on the Shuttle. Is this a deal breaker considering according to the bulb list (on this site) it comes with the better H7s

I've got H7s on my shuttle and in my opinion they arent the best but are better than the H4s. Leds was still on the option list when i ordered mine last september and had i known how good they are i would have gone for them then. I've got a set of THQ v2 waiting to go on.

To me would likely be a potential dealbraker.
Haven't tried H7s so cant chip in on those but the H4s "candlelight edition" is a no go.

Perhaps order it with the cheapest option available and replace them with LEDs after receiving the vehicle.
The forum shop has both front and rear I think.

Hiya, I’m a new member and your post caught my eye as I’m also a wheelchair user. My T6 is 4 years, but I’m thinking of changing.

Another wheelchair user here watching this with interest as we are waiting for our new van to actually be built.

Back