Show Us Your Motorbikes

My last bike 2003 GSX 1400 I've sold it on now I'm afraid I'm just too old .

DSCF0158.JPG

Anyone interested in bike build from scratch?
I've got a couple photos. One off chopper built in bro's Engineering factory with some unique features .

Sorry about the picture quality. I must have used my box brownie!!!
I can get better ones, it's suspended from the workshop roof at the minute getting new front disc .(save bending down)
Bro is the designer engineer, i do all the welding eg frame, exhausts any ally
Won various engineering categories at bike shows
It's all bitch to ride with a twist grip clutch
Yes it's it riden to shows.
Some self built bikes mysteriously appear from back of vans .????

197249_4264283838105_1691710248_n.jpg

IMG-20230208-WA0000.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. I must have used my box brownie!!!
I can get better ones, it's suspended from the workshop roof at the minute getting new front disc .(save bending down)
Bro is the designer engineer, i do all the welding eg frame, exhausts any ally
Won various engineering categories at bike shows
It's all bitch to ride with a twist grip clutch
Yes it's it riden to shows.
Some self built bikes mysteriously appear from back of vans .????

View attachment 242850

View attachment 242851
A lot of skill and effort there !! Excellent .
Is it a hard tail ??
I'll bet its bitch to turn !!
I like the solid wheels , like the old drag racers centrelines !!

Yes hard tail.frame fabricated on a RSJ
used as datum to keep everything in line.
Like I said bitch to ride with huge tires and no front break lever and clutch .
Definitely not for everyday use !@!!!
Loads of initiative features including making 1x1 ratio transfer box milled out of solid aluminium billet to line the drive chain to the back sprocket (see photo).so infact using 2 chains.
Practically everything made as one off bar forks, engine, tyres.
Loads of details at hand if anyone thinking of mods .

Picked the best day of the BH weekend (Saturday) to enjoy a green lane loop round Box Hill with a mate.
Really pleased with the 690 so far. Just ordered a graphics kit and a few other bits for it. :thumbsup:

IMG_2196.jpeg

690 BH.jpg

Picked the best day of the BH weekend (Saturday) to enjoy a green lane loop round Box Hill with a mate.
Really pleased with the 690 so far. Just ordered a graphics kit and a few other bits for it. :thumbsup:

View attachment 243147

View attachment 243148
How do you find the gearing? If I had kept mine I would definitely have lowered the final drive by a tooth or two. First just seemed a bit too high if I needed to crawl over anything or just needed to go slow!

How do you find the gearing? If I had kept mine I would definitely have lowered the final drive by a tooth or two. First just seemed a bit too high if I needed to crawl over anything or just needed to go slow!
That’s exactly what I have done, definitely makes a difference. Smoother riding over rough terrain like larger rocks, but still has enough ‘go’ when on the tarmac.

Morning All,
New graphics from Backyard Designs (backyarddesign.co.uk) applied to the 690.
Really impressed with the quality, their website allows you to customise the design, add your name, different logos etc.
Not done a whole bike myself before, but just took my time and am suitably pleased with the result.
Ready for my off-road trip to The Alps in August! :thumbsup:
Scott

(The T6 wanted to be in the photo as well...)

Bike graphics.jpg

Michelin Trackers?
No, they are Kenda Trakmasters. Not just cheaper than the Michelins (£109 for a pair), but they also have an extra 4mm of tread depth and are still road legal. First time I have tried them, but so far they are excellent on and off-road. :thumbsup:

Anyone going to ABR Festival at the end of this month?
Not this year. Been a few times before, but think it is getting too big and the facilities are not as good as they should be for the cost. Plus I got really fed up of people tearing round the off-road trail and scaring the life out of a 'new to off road riding' friend I was taking round. Marshalls didn't seem to do anything about it and didn't give the impression they gave a toss.

Back