Show Us Your Motorbikes

I've had the KTM 690 Enduro since February but neglected to post a pic. A friend and I are off to the Devil's Punchbowl (Hindhead, Surrey) tomorrow so I thought I would try it in the van. There is a 20 mile loop of mostly green lanes there with a bit of creative planning!!
20230612_192701.jpg
20230612_170726.jpg
Two bikes will fit just fine (minus mirrors) but I need a proper way to secure/mount. Any recommendations? (The scaffold plank is my ramp!!).
@T6Enduro
@Gavinda

I've had the KTM 690 Enduro since February but neglected to post a pic. A friend and I are off to the Devil's Punchbowl (Hindhead, Surrey) tomorrow so I thought I would try it in the van. There is a 20 mile loop of mostly green lanes there with a bit of creative planning!!
View attachment 202197
View attachment 202199
Two bikes will fit just fine (minus mirrors) but I need a proper way to secure/mount. Any recommendations? (The scaffold plank is my ramp!!).
@T6Enduro
@Gavinda
Nice, looks like you've got it fastened in pretty well to me, never needed to get mine in the back of the van - we're relatively spoilt for green lanes up this way with the peak district on the door step. If I was to go further afield I'd probably take the bike and make a trip of it.

we're relatively spoilt for green lanes up this way with the peak district on the door step. If I was to go further afield I'd probably take the bike and make a trip of it.
Lucky you!! We're OK in Hampshire and Surrey for the odd lane but all the really good stuff is a fair trip. That was the reason for the 690 but i'm wondering if a 350/450 or even the 300 two stroke would suit me better as I just don't enjoy road riding as much as I used to.
I'm going on the Ady Smith KTM experience in a couple of weeks to try the whole KTM Enduro range. I may well end up trading the 690 in for something lighter!

Lucky you!! We're OK in Hampshire and Surrey for the odd lane but all the really good stuff is a fair trip. That was the reason for the 690 but i'm wondering if a 350/450 or even the 300 two stroke would suit me better as I just don't enjoy road riding as much as I used to.
I'm going on the Ady Smith KTM experience in a couple of weeks to try the whole KTM Enduro range. I may well end up trading the 690 in for something lighter!
The road riding is the main reason I've gone for the rally screen, if I were just using it on lanes and trails I'd definitely be going for a proper enduro bike.

View attachment 202197
View attachment 202199
@T6Enduro
@Gavinda
I always use a front wheel chock as below, easy with a 21” front wheeled bike but footpeg brackets are IMO the best but not so easy to mount in a van with a decent floor. Strap around back wheel stops bike moving forwards in an emergency stop.

Got an as new KTM power parts ergo seat for that year 690, drop me a message if you are interested.

Having transported hundreds of bikes, many being expensive, one very very expensive, over a lot of years starting with race bikes in the 60s to working for a main dealer in the 2000s I have a little experience. As said a wheel chock makes it easier but I would never strap a bike down on the centre or side stand or on a paddock stand as every bump in the road transmits into the frame whereas strapped lightly on the suspension allows any shocks to be absorbed. A rubber band on the front brake will stop any movement forward or back.

1686730441087.jpeg
1686730373793.jpeg

I did the Ady Smith Worcester course a year or two ago, it was brilliant. I loved the 150 and 250 2strokes the best. Have a great time.

I did the Ady Smith Worcester course a year or two ago, it was brilliant. I loved the 150 and 250 2strokes the best. Have a great time.
I've just got back from the Ady Smith day in Bristol. It was the best money I've spent on a day out ever.
Absolutely brilliant and highly recommended. Luckily, as the weather's been hot it was nice and dry and the grip available was quite mind blowing.
Enduro 690 for sale if anyone's interested!!

I've just got back from the Ady Smith day in Bristol. It was the best money I've spent on a day out ever.
Absolutely brilliant and highly recommended. Luckily, as the weather's been hot it was nice and dry and the grip available was quite mind blowing.
Enduro 690 for sale if anyone's interested!!
So which of the KTM line up are you going to buy ? I loved the 150/250 2strokes. What was the course like at Bristol? I need the Worcester one and it was very demanding!

So which of the KTM line up are you going to buy ? I loved the 150/250 2strokes. What was the course like at Bristol? I need the Worcester one and it was very demanding!
I rode the 250/4 first and was pleasantly surprised how agile it was, then I rode the 150/2!! I prefer more bottom end but that was quite a revelation.
The 450/4 was quite an animal which I found quite tiring to keep hold of if trying to wrestle it around for a while. The 350/4 should have been the sweet spot but it felt so different I questioned whether there was something wrong with it. Very odd.
I though that both the 250 and 300 2 strokes were brilliant. 'Still light enough to enjoy throwing around but really tractable and more than enough go for everything else. Getting back into bikes after over a decade away, I couldn't get my head around the popularity of 2 stroke enduro bikes but I understand now!

The main track was basically a simple route laid out in a grass field on a slight incline. There were lots of turns and a few obstacles such as sharp climbs over mounds and gaps through the trees and over roots. This section was more motocross like but it was a good introduction to the bikes and allowed us to get a feel for traction limits.
After a couple of hours, extra sections were added to the route with ditches and climbs and a few large boulders to navigate. Then, for the last hour Ady took us around a very undulating section in a small rocky cutting in the hillside. This was more typical of an enduro track and was challenging enough to trouble most of us.
I mainly rode the 250/2 in this section and found it fantastic. I wonder if the 300 would be a better choice with a little more torque or whether that would just be pride talking!

Back