Show us your 17s

Any idea if this size tyre will rub with a 70mm drop?
It’s highly likely it will touch . That tyre is 10 mm bigger in diameter than the dreaded 275 40 20 and they touch all over at. 50 mm drops , the wheel offset plays a part here too , that will determine if it touches on the outside or the inside .ha han

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post. I'm looking to purchase some Tomahawk Kato 17s fitted with Cooper AT3s 235/65/17. The van is lowered on Stance + coilovers but havnt a clue by how much. Currently have 255/40/19 fitted. Will I struggle? Any help is appreciated! TIA

Screenshot_20231113_212950_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231111_203758_Gallery.jpg

With a set of 17” Davenport’s could I fit a set of BFG 225/65/17’s without any lift/modification?

Would 235/65/17 or 245/65/17’s fit on the same rims and again without a lift/modification?

With a set of 17” Davenport’s could I fit a set of BFG 225/65/17’s without any lift/modification?

Would 235/65/17 or 245/65/17’s fit on the same rims and again without a lift/modification?
Are your current tyres 235/55 r17? If so, then the 225/65 r17 will be 4.6% bigger and will fit no issues - your speedo should also read correctly if it's the normal 67mph at 70mph under reading.

There are 235/65 BF Goodrich K02's but they're not speed rated. 245/65 should fit on std suspension but your speedo will under read by a few mph. They're much bigger than std.

And if your wheels are 7j then the tyre will be a bit bigger due to the narrower rim, most AT wheels are 8 or 8.5j.

I've got a caravelle with 30mm lower springs so will be going for 225/65 r17 BFG's at some point in the next few months, on a set of OZ rally raids.

Are your current tyres 235/55 r17? If so, then the 225/65 r17 will be 4.6% bigger and will fit no issues - your speedo should also read correctly if it's the normal 67mph at 70mph under reading.

There are 235/65 BF Goodrich K02's but they're not speed rated. 245/65 should fit on std suspension but your speedo will under read by a few mph. They're much bigger than std.

And if your wheels are 7j then the tyre will be a bit bigger due to the narrower rim, most AT wheels are 8 or 8.5j.

I've got a caravelle with 30mm lower springs so will be going for 225/65 r17 BFG's at some point in the next few months, on a set of OZ rally raids.
Mine is a T6.1 Caravelle on 18” VW alloys but not sure if I can get any 18” BFG’s to fit them - was considering the 17” Davenport’s as the wheels are cheap but look ok.

Any suggestions would be welcome as the current Bridgestone tyres are neither any good in the dry or the wet and only last 8k!

Mine is a T6.1 Caravelle on 18” VW alloys but not sure if I can get any 18” BFG’s to fit them - was considering the 17” Davenport’s as the wheels are cheap but look ok.

Any suggestions would be welcome as the current Bridgestone tyres are neither any good in the dry or the wet and only last 8k!
Is it an executive? If so it'll be 20mm lower than std.

I think 235/55 r18 are the size to go for on 18's but I've not looked into it too much.

Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit is your friend.

Just put tomahawk kato on our t6.1 velle exec with wildpeak 235/65/17.

Clearance for door card is literally mm but they fit no problem

Just put tomahawk kato on our t6.1 velle exec with wildpeak 235/65/17.

Clearance for door card is literally mm but they fit no problem
Pfff love my Kato’s.
Just put Michelin Agilis on.
Will fit them at end of March.
Got my Conti winter contact on at the Mo.

Got any Pics yet ?

Got a T6.1 Deep Black LWB 4motion, here in Australia I feel trying to get some wheels is a little harder given availability and less market compared to the UK lads.

Eying up the Navis Mac ATs (17) in Satin Black.

Now I know it would be all black, but other than bronze im just not sure how I'd be feeling the likes of silver.

Anyone reckon going black on black wouldn't work?

Van won't be lowered and used for camping/mild off road adventures.

Back