Should you hear the turbo?

Foofighter25

T6 Pro
Hi all

I have just bought my first T6 after owning a T4 1.9td for 12 years.
What a different beast the T6 is!

Im very happy with it, but having never owned or driven one before and forgive me if this a stupid question......... are you meant to hear the turbo when driving? The revs get to around 2000 and its starts to make a wooshing/hissing noise. My T4 turbo never made a sound.

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I have just bought my first T6 after owning a T4 1.9td for 12 years.
What a different beast the T6 is!

Im very happy with it, but having never owned or driven one before and forgive me if this a stupid question......... are you meant to hear the turbo when driving? The revs get to around 2000 and its starts to make a wooshing/hissing noise. My T4 turbo never made a sound.

Thanks in advance
Do a search for split EGR pipe.

I can hear mine, i think its normal to hear the turbo on most if not all modern cars/vans ?

I would say only background noise is normal, just a quiet air moving/whistling noise not a full on pressurised boost air

See your in southampton, wonder if there are any members near you who could either take you in theirs or them in yours ?

i bought the T6.1 recently and I had that question too. As i can rere mine but only on a cold day for the frist few rews. then the saound is gone.
I have aske dealr they said is normal. but in case something happens with turbo that should be covered under the warranty.
hope it heps.

See your in southampton, wonder if there are any members near you who could either take you in theirs or them in yours ?
I’m just outside Andover - I’m happy to meet up if it helps?

Back