Sharkfin aerial on underside of roof?

Stuupid

Team Grey T32 SWB
T6 Pro
Sorry if this has been discussed already. My dab has started playing up recently and thinking of fitting a sharkfin. Has anyone fitted one to the roof above the front seats but under or inside of the pop top roof. There's a nice flat area that's out of the weather, but wasn't sure if the fibreglass roof would affect the signal?

Reactions: CAB
Sorry, can't answer your question but was wondering the same myself. A couple of weeks ago I saw a few T6.1 conversions at a dealer near Norwich that had the OEM DAB aerial covered by the front edge of the pop-top when it was closed. I wondered if that would affect the performance of the aerial and if not it could present a good solution for fitting an upgrade. Would be good to hear from anyone that may have this setup.

I found this pic on the Ecowagon website which shows the OEM aerial under the pop top when closed. I would like to think it works! The trick may be finding an aftermarket shark fin that is shallow enough. I'll have to see how much room there is under my Reimo roof and investigate options as my DAB reception is pretty poor.

1661035005423.png

I am pretty sure the OEM dab aerial on a 6.1 is still in the drivers mirror.
Yes, R183 Digital radio aerial in VX67 Right exterior mirror
On page No. 36/7 in below

What’s the black box on the front of the roof for then?
Perhaps this one - R297 LTE aerial 1, in roof
On page No. 38/3 in below

Back