Shady paint inside door shut

Anthony Ball

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've had my Starlight Blue T6 a couple of months now and I'm still finding my way round it and the quirks etc of having a new vehicle , opened the drivers door today and noticed the paint is very shady on the inside of the door shut up the windscreen pillar , basically not enough base colour on it to cover the primer , it's very shiny tho so obviously has plenty of lacquer on it so from a longevity point of view it's not a problem , but now I've spotted it it's bugging me and I will notice it every time I open the door .
I bought the van pre registered 2017 plate but didn't get it till sept with 35 miles on clock so I'm second owner , any one think the warranty should cover it ??
Overall I'm super happy with it and love it to bits ,
Ant

If VW get their hands on it they will bodge it and make it far worse. Try and have a look at other vans to see if it is the same - it is probably like that on all vans. Cost cutting, that is all. Top coat is expensive and as you only paid an extra 600 for non-white/red paint, you can't expect to have all of your van the same colour.
You will soon forget about it. Try and live with it.

I guess with robotic paint lines in the factory the process should repeat for all vans, but with this not coming up before I can only assume some temporary issue with the paint viscosity or blockage at the time. Perfect paint repairs are very hard to achieve and I suspect if you took it back you may have the colour coverage sorted but at the expense of mask lines, slight colour difference, or finish quality. As has been said it's probably better to live with it. I would have a damn good moan about it, possibly try for something free for compensation but I guess that would be a long shot. Sorry to hear it's spoilt your full enjoyment of the van.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I was looking over my (new to me) T6 the other day and noticed that there did seem to be, how can I put it, a lack of paint where I would have expected it.
In the under bonnet area, the outer colour only came a few inches onto the inner panels, it actually looked to me like the van had had a respray from being originally white, but there were parts of the engine bay that were oversprayed that would have required the engine not to have been there to be painted.
I came to the conclusion that they only used as much paint as they absolutely had to to get the topcoat colour to what it needed to be.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I was looking over my (new to me) T6 the other day and noticed that there did seem to be, how can I put it, a lack of paint where I would have expected it.
In the under bonnet area, the outer colour only came a few inches onto the inner panels, it actually looked to me like the van had had a respray from being originally white, but there were parts of the engine bay that were oversprayed that would have required the engine not to have been there to be painted.
I came to the conclusion that they only used as much paint as they absolutely had to to get the topcoat colour to what it needed to be.

VW don't paint the undersides of the T6 bonnet as standard.
I recently replaced my bonnet and had the inside painted, but they are normally just left in primer, which doesn't really smack of high end commercial, but I guess it money saving at it's finest.

Back