Severed wire on front break pad wear sensor

n0deity

Hi everyone. I have had the break pads replaced on my T6 and there's a broken wire that joins the new break pad wear sensor and going into the wiring loom. See pictures below.

Can anybody help identify the exact part I need to buy? I'm having trouble finding it so that I can get it in for repair.

Model: 2018 Transporter Kombi T6 T32 LWB

IMG-20231215-WA0002.jpgIMG-20231215-WA0004.jpgIMG-20231215-WA0003.jpg

this bit?​

VW TRANSPORTER T6 ABS SENSOR WIRING HARNESS (FRONT LEFT) 7LA927903F​

1706021549012.png

not really . . . £40.46+vat

£48.55 with free delivery lol

that's a fortune for a bit of wire and a few connectors. . .

i was going to look on eBay etc. . . but its done now

not really . . . £40.46+vat

£48.55 with free delivery lol

that's a fortune for a bit of wire and a few connectors. . .

i was going to look on eBay etc. . . but its done now
Yes I was hoping I was buying a smaller/cheaper part :D No loss for you at least, excluding Partshaus who are cheaper, they all want £50+

a VAG Tech i was chatting to said you may be able to by the connecter and the two repair wires.

that will be cheaper. . .

but dont know the part numbers to check . .

VW gave me that LOOM number when it went into them - so thats what they were going to replace.

ill just do it myself . . . . . . at some point.

a VAG Tech i was chatting to said you may be able to by the connecter and the two repair wires.

that will be cheaper. . .

but dont know the part numbers to check . .

VW gave me that LOOM number when it went into them - so thats what they were going to replace.

ill just do it myself . . . . . . at some point.
Just changed mt pads and my plug was broken when I went to do it, how hard was this new cable to fit, not too bad by yourself or bit fiddly?

I've not fitted mine yet.

The loom goes up to the ABS module....so the OEM repair is to repin the connections and run a new cable.

But the shortcut is to cut out the the cable at a suitable point and splice in the new section in... Ie solder and heat shrink. Or crimp and heat shrink.(I'll prob do this)

I've not fitted mine yet.

The loom goes up to the ABS module....so the OEM repair is to repin the connections and run a new cable.

But the shortcut is to cut out the the cable at a suitable point and splice in the new section in... Ie solder and heat shrink. Or crimp and heat shrink.(I'll prob do this)
Fair enough, mine looks like its only the plug has come apart still have all the parts so might be a case of seeing what I can repair and salvage, cheers

hi, has anyone actually completed changing the loom? The wires snapped where the pad sensor connector is on mine. I’ve bought the genuine loom same as above but couldn’t locate where the individual cables push in? I’ve had the battery out and the tray trying to follow the cable, must of spent 2 hours trying to trace it. I’m half tempted to cut the new plug off and solder the cables.

they go to the ABS module. . . and loom join in the E-box

++++++++++++++++++++
pad wear sender seems to go to the dash panel insert. G34/G37 ---> K - via loom

G34 front left wear sender wires to T10J/5 yellow . (10 pin con` dark brown in E-Box)
G34 front left wear sender wires to T10j/4 red (10 pin con` dark brown in E-Box)

++++++++++++++++++++++

ABS wheel speed sender - front left.

G47 - brown T38a/36 - wires to N55 - ABS pump
G47 - black T38a/37 - wires to N55 - ABS pump

++++++++++++++++++++++

1710003638499.png1710003823219.png1710004169095.png

I thought the solution was to solder in the wire connection with the new sensor connector and put some tape or heat shrink on it. Rather than coding it out, twisting the two wires together will cancel out the warning light

Now I’ve spent £40 on the loom id of like to change the whole thing really I looked in the fuse box under the battery, I was abit overwhelmed by the amount of cables I couldn’t make out which cables I needed or where the cables connected. The last resort is to cut the connector off and solder it onto the existing loom.

Now I’ve spent £40 on the loom id of like to change the whole thing really I looked in the fuse box under the battery, I was abit overwhelmed by the amount of cables I couldn’t make out which cables I needed or where the cables connected. The last resort is to cut the connector off and solder it onto the existing loom.
I’m not convinced it is a “last resort” as I suspect that is what a stealer ship would do too! There is a reason they produce a fix…..erm, they know they have a design flaw!

I need to do mine soon...

When I do the pads and discs.

I recon I'll be splicing the connector in at some point.... Not sure I fancy pulling the ABS and ebox looms apart.

We'll see soon....

I need to do mine soon...

When I do the pads and discs.

I recon I'll be splicing the connector in at some point.... Not sure I fancy pulling the ABS and ebox looms apart.

We'll see soon....
Splicing is the way to go! Save yourself a load of grief!!!

Back