Service Book

Having recently bought an ex- demonstrator T6, I noticed that the service book wasn't present. After a discussion with the salesman, he said that they had started doing them online now so no need for the service book.

Has anybody had the same issue?
Thanks.

Yep, I was told the same when I collected my van a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Jon
Yep, that's 100% correct that they do not have service book on paper anymore. Still they should give you a print-out with confirmation about last service and existing mobily warranty(if you have this in UK?)
The same paber should be given after every service.

My BMW dealership stopped using service books quite a few years ago. I never liked the idea of that, and just makes it a little more difficult to prove full service history, plus makes some people less likely to use independent garages which is a shame.

No service book everything online is this not just a way of making you have vehicles serviced at main dealers.
Ours is going In to sheffield. Jct6000 for first oil change service £190. If I had a service log book would use my local garage which would probably be lots cheaper.

You do not have to service your van at a vw dealership it you dont want to . As long as the garage you choose use genuine parts and and oil there should be no issues.
Just keep the invoice to prove the work and parts used.

I have dont take mine to vw unless it needs warranty work

If go to an independent garage for a service they MUST be vat registered to preserve warranty

Reactions: Jon
You do not have to service your van at a vw dealership it you dont want to . As long as the garage you choose use genuine parts and and oil there should be no issues.
Just keep the invoice to prove the work and parts used.

I have dont take mine to vw unless it needs warranty work
So the service log book we have always had in the past is irrelevant now. We have to trawl through receipts.
I

Service was done as well as warranty repairs which I didn't know about. So in the end worth going to main dealer.

Had my first service at Listers Coventry earlier this week - £242 which included adblue top up
and new wiper blades (which I’d trashed pulling my external screens off in a rush!) - very happy with this as used to paying Land Rover prices where my last service and no problems MOT earlier this year cost me
nearly £1000

Had my first service at Listers Coventry earlier this week - £242 which included adblue top up
and new wiper blades (which I’d trashed pulling my external screens off in a rush!) - very happy with this as used to paying Land Rover prices where my last service and no problems MOT earlier this year cost me
nearly £1000
Ours was £206 with log book which they charged us £10 for.. Nothing else needed .

Does anyone know how to check your service history online when you've bought a used T6? just would like to know when it had its last service you see.

I had the same problem when picked up the new T6 in March.
Bought a genuine T6 Transporter service book from Ebay for £15 ish.
Don't know if this makes me old school, but I prefer a stamped up book, rather than an electronic copy only available from the main dealers??

Why not just keep the invoices or ask for a confirmation print of service. Not sure VW have stretched to pdf yet!

Ok all silly question time, do vans from 2018 come with a service record book?

I don’t recall ever seeing mine and some one once said that some new brands don’t have old style books any more and it’s digitally recorded.

Back