Sequoia Table Leg Size

Colinlp

Cabinet-maker
T6 Guru
Does anyone know if the Sequoia table leg is compatible with the Fiamma table fittings?

I want to use the Sequoia fitting on the table top for use with a Fiamma tripod so I can have a dual purpose table that can also be used with a standard rail fitted to the cupboards

@Colinlp no answer for you so far. Might it be worth asking the converters, e.g. Slidepods, or accessory suppliers? Sorry that I can't help you any better than that.

I'm guessing they wont be compatible but, either way, why not just buy the Fiamma pole, fixings and tripod?

......set up your rail fixings on one edge of the table top with the folding leg on the other with the Fiamma mount under the centre of the table top. The only issue I can see is that with the size of the Fiamma mount you would have to offset the folding table leg a bit to clear the mount when folding. You would then have the option to use the table inside with the rail or outside with the Fiamma leg and tripod.

We have the Fiamma hole in the floor and a tripod to give us a dual purpose table - the only issue is that the tripod raises the table by several inches meaning the ideal height in the van for sitting at is a bit too high outside with the tripod. You wouldn't have this issue if you use the rail in the van, i.e. cut the Fiamma tube down to size suitable for the tripod.

We have a spare pole for the tripod a bit shorter than the standard. The idea is that the sequoia is very low profile so can go dead centre with the leg offset by just over an inch. It looks like both poles use a 2" pipe and the receiver is very close in size so maybe they are or could be made to be compatible.
The annoying thing is that we are never likely to want to use the table in the van but need it for the DVLA to change the vehicle type

Got you - you're using the Sequoia floor mount on the underside of the table rather than the chunkier table mount?

Got you - you're using the Sequoia floor mount on the underside of the table rather than the chunkier table mount?
Yes, that's the idea, I'm half tempted to just use the cheap camping table we have in the garage, save £65

Yes, that's the idea, I'm half tempted to just use the cheap camping table we have in the garage, save £65
Exactly what we do. We bought the tripod as an extra a couple of months ago thinking we would not need to take any other tables but, so far, have only used it once as we prefer the old Coleman 6-1 tables we have for outside.

Back