Selling T5 to buy a T6. Would you sell as a shell, or partially fit out/tidy up?

BigDean

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon all,

I know this is a T6 forum, and my question is about a T5, but you guys are so much friendlier on here......

I bought a 2011 T5 LWB (170k) day van at the end of last year with the intention of doing a camper conversion on it myself. Life has taken over and I no longer have time to do it so I am going to buy a T6 already converted.

It is in reasonably good nick, a few spots of rust, and the interior is totally ripped out other than a oldish ply floor with altro on it as well as a diesel heater under the driver seat. I have also had windows installed all round (other than the osr)

The question I have is: Should I get the rust dealt with and carpet the interior walls etc to make it look tidier, or will the cost of doing that (probably a couple of grand) just be a waste? I guess it is worth about £12k as it is.

If I were buying a van like this, I think I would rather see it is its raw state, but welcome comments.

Thanks
BigDean

Interior condition

2021-12-22 16.12.17.jpg

You might get lucky selling as is - the used van market is crazy with not a lot of choice.

But then again you might get more people interested if it looks tidy - apparently when buying a house people need to be shown what it could look like.

I’d say 50/50 so not much help :rolleyes:

I like that it’s a blank canvas with no hidden surprises and I think people will see it as that but you’ll need someone who wants to take on a conversion instead of being able to use it from day one. Seems like there are lots of people who like doing this sort of thing (although reading this forum may have warped my opinion).

It is true though when people view houses they look at the decorations and if they don’t like the colour they reject it (madness!) but these guys aren’t your market anyway, they would buy a California (or more likely a caravan)

GLWTS!

Back