Self Inflating Mattress (sim)

svan

Hi, we have a converted Shuttle with a wide R&R bed using the original seat. It’s like sleeping on a block of wood!. We are thinking of getting two single sims to suit our own personal comfort. Has anyone tried using Sim mattress and if so, which ones did you choose. Many thanks.

I got one that was recommended either on here or somewhere else, I can't remember the brand, but it was a massive disappointment.

Take a look at a Duvalay topper, much better in my opinion.

we bought. tried and then sold ours!

self inflating, not! and also a hassle to put away..

Used in the past and replaced with a memory foam topper.

We have always used Thermarests
Sims. They roll/fold up small when not in use, self- inflate to a point, then a couple of puffs brings them to the precise level of firmness we require
Duvalays we found too bulky.

I've come to learn mattresses are a very subjective thing. I have self inflating mattresses in my camper and love them. I think the fact you can add to or reduce the air pressure in them is a plus.

However just invested in a Temper for the house bed. Mrs D used to suffer a frozen shoulder on our old mattress. I slept without issue. Now I wake up paralysed from the neck down and she's bright as button. Yet, in the shop thought I'd love it. Think a lot may have to do with the position your preference is for sleep. Side, back, front....May try the bat thing and dangle upside down from the ceiling from now on. Or go sleep in the soddin van out on the driveway. Justify its expenditure, one way or another.

I got one that was recommended either on here or somewhere else, I can't remember the brand, but it was a massive disappointment.

Take a look at a Duvalay topper, much better in my opinion.
OMG, many thanks for your response. We tried the Duvalay topper, but it gave me nightmares and the wife ended up with a frozen shoulder!. Will re post later with our decision. Thanks

We have always used Thermarests
Sims. They roll/fold up small when not in use, self- inflate to a point, then a couple of puffs brings them to the precise level of firmness we require
Duvalays we found too bulky.
Many thanks, we were impressed with the reviews for the Thermarests. What thickness are they? Regards Svan!

My alpKit Dozer is 70mm, think a 50mm would be enough i may get one and try it.
I got two 70mm as my partner needed the thicker one, she has spinal problems, AlpKit saved the day !

Thermarests are great too, I looked at them but the thicker ones are actually two thermarests together tried in gooutdoors, was a pain in ass !

Looking for self inflating mattress recommendations. Thinking of 2 large singles as opposed to a double to give a larger overall sleeping area when away with the missus but also use just the one when I’m away on mtb trips.

Think I’ve narrowed it down to 2, the Vango shangri la or the kampa Kip high rise in the 10cm size.
Anyone have experience of either of these 2 ?

We've got 2 single vango shangri la 15 in our van, on top of a fortywinks bed, they are a snug fit, but I have 2 elec doors so the motor covers stick out a bit. Not slept on them yet but camping out Saturday night so will report back, also I will take some pictures. Having tent camped for many years and slept on really thin self inflating mattress I'm hoping these are going to be a big improvement lol

Reactions: DCC
We have two wide singles - EXPED MegaMat 10 LXW - that fit the full width of the van. We use a Slidepod but same concept. Great to be able to adjust each separately and they fit very tightly together so don't really realise it's not a double.

Reactions: DCC
Back