Seat Armrest retrofit?

Toddy T

My Drivers seat did not come with an armrest, can I install a armrest onto the seat or do I need to buy a new seat altogether? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

What model and age is your van ?
I ask as a while ago VW ran out of armrests and just sent them from the factory without them and anybody that pointed it out to the dealer got them fitted FOC under warranty

That sounds interesting !!
Mine is a Dec 2017 highline 150 kombi manual . armrests on driver seat only - not on the single passenger seat . Should it have both ??

I've had this problem too !

I asked on the My18 original order with Imperial Commercials for two captains seats both heated and both with arm rests.

When the van arrived only drivers had arm rests !
Some where along the line the passenger seats arm where missed.

How ever Imperial retro fitted arm rests to it for me.... Yesterday,
Im well happy with it too.
There are videos of this being done on the YouTube ! Looks quite involved !
Imperial say last year and year before lots where missed and they retro fitted loads so had become good at it, they did a good job and you would never know

coincidentally I had a discussion with a dealer today when looking at a Kombi, the single passenger seat didn't have arm rests but the drivers seat did, I thought this odd and asked why??

I was told that there was an option available for drivers side armrests which when selected built the van with drivers side arm rests only, I was told by the sales guy that by not selecting drivers arm rests you got both, he told me it was an issue with the VW order system but as they were supplying exactly what was ordered they wouldn't correct it.

apparently it caught a lot of dealers out before it got corrected.

What model and age is your van ?
I ask as a while ago VW ran out of armrests and just sent them from the factory without them and anybody that pointed it out to the dealer got them fitted FOC under warranty
Is this still the case @Pauly ??

Picked my van up a week ago and as others have suffered, I only have drivers side armrests. I did not specify, I only spec’d single pass seat assuming it would have the armrests?

Back