Armrests

CamperBadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello, I have a 2019 T6 without any armrests. I would like some!

Looking on eBay and these things appear to be very expensive for what they are.

Does anyone have a definitive list of other VW armrests that might be compatible?

I'm thinking Golf, Passat, Tiguan, Toureg etc etc.

I am sure these must be cheaper.

I appreciate that the metal fixings will probably need to be T6 specific.

I had 1 armrest on mine drivers seat (T5.1 but same as T6 I think) Price of OEM was very expensive and that was without the bracket. I'm not sure if you can fit OEM armrests to a seat that doesn't have them from the factory as the bracket is welded to the frame internally. I really only wanted 1 more on the passenger double right hand side.
I bought a universal one on ebay for 30 quid that goes up and down and has the fine adjustment control complete with bolt on bracket and stripped the seat down a bit to see what I could bolt it to. There is a flat metal plate running down the side of the double passenger seat that you drill through and bolt in on solidly. Its very good and doubles as a drivers left hand rest too. Just be careful where you place it on the seat and that it's mid way in adjustment. It's not as refined as OEM but at that price and a hours work well worth it I think.

seat_ar_1.jpgseat_ar_2.jpgseat_ar_3.jpgseat_ar_4.jpgseat_ar_5.jpg

Thanks for posting - that’s really interesting. £30 quid is good value. I am not really interested in the aesthetics of the armrest and if it does the job then I will look for one of these rather than spend a fortune.

I have just fitted a Vankraft seat recliner (and it is marvellous) so I feel confident enough to start messing with my seats….

I might try cover it in the same grey material but even if I don't there's plenty of black in the cabin, seatbelts, seat bases and brackets so that it looks ok. I was thinking the bracket itself was a bit crude but when I but the seat back in place theres the metal plate with 3 big bolts that holds the seat and back together so it actually looks quite a home. I use it all the time as its kinda halfway between the 2 seats and perfect for leaning on while driving/changing gear etc. Let me know how you get on.

The bracket is meant to go under the material, remove the armrest from it first then a neat hole in the fabric to allow just the shaft to protrude.

The bracket is meant to go under the material, remove the armrest from it first then a neat hole in the fabric to allow just the shaft to protrude.
Not so sure for these universal ones, I had a look at that and decided against it. The bracket is largely covered by the armrest itself and wasn't I at this stage prepared to make a large hole in the material for an unproven 30 quid armrest. The location of a large hole would be towards the front side of the seat and would get pulled/dragged every time some sat in it.
The 2 holes for the bolts are quite small and neat.

Sorry if it came across as me telling you you've done it wrong, as I'm not sure theres a right and wrong way to bolt a thing to another thing! It's just that I've got some slightly different universal ones on mine and that's the way I did it, those brackets re exactly the same though.
20210108_161740.jpg

Those look to be the same as mine, I've not bothered but they're easy to strip down if you wanted them covered in a particular material.

So I installed the £30 EBay armrests and they are superb. Make a big difference to driving comfort. I did need to improvise with the position of the bracket that bolts to the seat frame - but that only meant drilling a single extra hole in each side. One question though - the kit came with some unusual metal clips (pictured) that, as there were no instructions, I didn’t know what to use for. Any ideas? IMG_7816.jpeg

IMG_7815.jpeg

So I installed the £30 EBay armrests and they are superb. Make a big difference to driving comfort. I did need to improvise with the position of the bracket that bolts to the seat frame - but that only meant drilling a single extra hole in each side. One question though - the kit came with some unusual metal clips (pictured) that, as there were no instructions, I didn’t know what to use for. Any ideas? View attachment 200239

View attachment 200240
They are hog rings for securing upholstery, use pliers to squeeze together to pull the fabric tight.

Back