left armrest retaining ring clip

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi, I've been searching for this part for the left armrest .. I can find plenty of sources for the large bush part as it seems to be called but it's the black metal retaining clip I need.. any ideas?
it's in the photos I heard it crack one day and it's just a sprung clip that clips into the armrest that the bush part slides through as far as I can see.

tempImageJGUZgn.png

tempImageiPaMTr.png

just adding a note to say I'm bewildered that not a single other person has come across this issue or knows of a solution wow it's the first time I've ever posted on this forum with an issue and got a total tumbleweed reaction. one little clip that renders the armrest useless and appears to be impossible to replace.

Hi, did you get anywhere with sourcing this clip, same thing has happened to mine. Cheers
Can you believe …. No ! We seem to be the only people on planet earth that have ever experienced this problem … further more unlike every other part of a vw transporter this part is apparently totally unavailable . I’m mind blown by this .. it’s such an easy part to get to and replace such an obvious part to need a spare for if and not a soupçon of a solution can I find !

Dam it! I’ll pop into my local Vw garage and see if they can get hold of it, I’ll let you know how I get on, I guess it’s a donor arm rest otherwise, I’ve had mine reupholstered so I can’t just get a new one, thanks for the reply, I’ll keep you posted

Dam it! I’ll pop into my local Vw garage and see if they can get hold of it, I’ll let you know how I get on, I guess it’s a donor arm rest otherwise, I’ve had mine reupholstered so I can’t just get a new one, thanks for the reply, I’ll keep you posted
Please do !

That part isn't available separately from VW so you'd need to buy a new arm and if needed liberate the clip from that.

Back