Sca Rear Opening Roof Catch Broken

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

Just back from Austria after a great week in the van. Moved the catch to open the roof and it just moved and nothing happened.

Now it is loose and roof iOS secure.

2 questions:

1. how long is the warranty on the roof - any clues

2. Anyone have any idea how I can get it undone to see if I can fix it? It has about a number of screws in the housing but I'm not happy about undoing them.

It moves loosely to the right but won't open to the left. I don't seem to be able to load a vid onto here. So here is a link

SCAROOF

photo attached.

IMG_2883.jpg

Hi,

Just back from Austria after a great week in the van. Moved the catch to open the roof and it just moved and nothing happened.

2 questions:

2. Anyone have any idea how I can get it undone to see if I can fix it? It has about a number of screws in the housing but I'm not happy about undoing them.

It moves loosely to the right but won't open to the left. I don't seem to be able to load a vid onto here. So here is a link

SCAROOF

photo attached.

View attachment 41515
Hi sorry I can’t comment on the problem you have but do you find the two roof catches rattle when going over potholes in the road?

Hi,

2 questions:

SCAROOF

photo attached.

View attachment 41515
2 year warranty i believe, sonds like you need a new catch.

Hi, see attached, the handle is moulded to an insert which is bolted from the inside of the mechanism, image 1 shows new handle, image 2 shows where the handle has come off the insert. You should be able to dismantle and find out what is going on. Sounds like the cables are not being activated when the handle is moved, or the handle is spinning on the insert bolt. If latter, pull handle off and turn bolt with a spanner.

Rgds

Ian

Eclipse Campers

handle 1.jpg

handle 2.jpg

Hi, see attached, the handle is moulded to an insert which is bolted from the inside of the mechanism, image 1 shows new handle, image 2 shows where the handle has come off the insert. You should be able to dismantle and find out what is going on. Sounds like the cables are not being activated when the handle is moved, or the handle is spinning on the insert bolt. If latter, pull handle off and turn bolt with a spanner.

yep it was a loose bolt. Thanks Ian.

Back