Sargent

travelvolts

Retired
T6 Legend
I have a customer with a Sargent unit fitted. Having never fitted these I am not very familiar with them. When the van ignition switches off the control panel beeps three times. Anybody know what this is?

I have a sargent in my van and I'm sure I've never heard it beep, at all, let alone when the ingition is turned off... That's probably not too helpful but good luck, I'm sure one of the boffins will come back with something later... Have you checked the resources pages?
@Dellmassive may be able to help, or @Loz

no mention of any beeps tho on the PDF`s i looked at, (without the separate display) ?

could be time to give them a call:

Sargent Electrical Support
01482 678981or contact us by email.

LINES ARE OPEN:
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday9:00am to 12:00pm Friday

no mention of beeps here > https://sargentltd.co.uk/tech-support/article/22/download/219

4.2.1 Audible Warnings The revision 2 control panels now include an audible warning. If the leisure or vehicle battery warnings are triggered (see 3.4.C) a beeper will sound to draw your attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by pressing any button. To avoid any warning becoming a nuisance it will only be delivered once whilst the power remains on. The warning will be reactivated when the power has been off and then turned on again. On EC51 control panels, if the pump is turned on and the fresh water level falls below ¼ a beeper will sound to draw your attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by pressing any button. If the pump is turned on and the waste tank becomes full a beeper will sound to draw your attention to the problem. The beeper and the warning can be cancelled by pressing any button. To avoid any warning becoming a nuisance it will only be delivered once whilst the pump remains on. The warning will be reactivated when the pump has been off and then turned on again.

3.4C) Operation / Servicing Under normal circumstances it should not be necessary to remove the battery other than for routine inspection of the terminals and “topping up” of the battery fluid where applicable. Please see instructions supplied with the battery. Note: Do not over discharge the battery. One of the most common causes of battery failure is when the battery is discharged below the recommended level of approximately 10V. Discharging a battery below this figure can cause permanent damage to one or more of the cells within the battery. To prevent over discharge, the EC155PSU in conjunction with the EC5x series control panel incorporates a battery protect circuit that warns and then disconnects the batteries when they fall below the following conditions: Battery Voltage cut off Action after cut off Notes Vehicle 10.9V Battery selection is changed from Vehicle battery to Leisure battery. If the leisure battery is below 9v then a further warning will occur (see below). This cut off level is designed to protect the vehicle battery from over discharge. The 10.9V level ensures there is sufficient power in the battery to run the vehicle electronics and start the vehicle. This cut off only applies to power drawn from the battery by the leisure equipment; it will not protect the battery if you leave the vehicle lights on. Leisure 9V Power is turned off This is an emergency cut off level to protect the battery from severe damage. You should not rely on this cut off level during normal operation, but manage your power consumption to a discharge level of 10V. This cut off only applies to power drawn from the battery by the leisure equipment that is controlled by the control panel power switch; it will not protect the battery from discharge by the radio or other permanently connected equipment. Note: the system also incorporates an over voltage cut-out which turns the system power off if either battery voltage exceeds 15V (indicated by the level display top LED flashing).

I have a customer with a Sargent unit fitted. Having never fitted these I am not very familiar with them. When the van ignition switches off the control panel beeps three times. Anybody know what this is?
I have the 328.
It beeps if I turn the ignition on whilst connected to the mains, if the fresh water level is low and if the waste tank is full. That’s it, I think!

I looked at that on the Sargent website but it's as clear as mud!!!
me too,

unless you have the extra display module . . . . . its "who knows" (might be related to a general alarm about water levels? if they are/arnt (sensors) wired up - they might need grounding out or something)

think id just call them and ask Tech support direct.

let us know if you get the answer.

Back