Same gestation period as a human but I finally have it and I love it!

Paul Milham

Ordered January 9th and finally picked up my T6 Highline 204ps DSG last week.
Took it to Custom Vans for the day and I think it looks superb... each to their own and all that.
Custom Vans did a great job lowering it 5omm, fitting new 20" GTS wheels on 40 profile tyres.
They also fitted a front splitter, rear spoiler, red bumper trim and did the Caravelle drinks holder binnacle conversion.
Not to mention installing the leather trimmed seats I designed a few months ago using their template.
Cannot recommend them highly enough!
With all the extras (sun roof, adaptive cruise, LEDs, reversing camera, removable tow bar) and that beautiful lump that pushes it along like the wind - I could not be happier.

Welcome @Paul Milham , great choice of wheels, and your van sounds great with all the extra's, more photos please :thumbsup:
Cheers Pedro! I've not spent much time on here so am still finding my way. I have just uploaded a few photos to an album that should be linked to me, I guess. I'm very pleased with it. I've driven Transporters of all types for the last 20 years (bar a brief affair with an Amorok) and this is light years ahead of any of them. If VW could just sort out their supply chain, the experience could have been near perfect.

Just checked out your media file and it looks absolutely stunning mate, money very well spent , enjoy :thumbsup:

Ordered January 9th and finally picked up my T6 Highline 204ps DSG last week.
Took it to Custom Vans for the day and I think it looks superb... each to their own and all that.
Custom Vans did a great job lowering it 5omm, fitting new 20" GTS wheels on 40 profile tyres.
They also fitted a front splitter, rear spoiler, red bumper trim and did the Caravelle drinks holder binnacle conversion.
Not to mention installing the leather trimmed seats I designed a few months ago using their template.
Cannot recommend them highly enough!
With all the extras (sun roof, adaptive cruise, LEDs, reversing camera, removable tow bar) and that beautiful lump that pushes it along like the wind - I could not be happier.

Looks fab, and its your own design!!!!!

Love the seats, as soon as our standard california seats start to look tired or if they don't clean up well, we'll be changing them for leather. Do you have a link to the template you mentioned?

Love the seats, as soon as our standard california seats start to look tired or if they don't clean up well, we'll be changing them for leather. Do you have a link to the template you mentioned?
They definitely mark quite easily which is why I've ordered Seatskinz covers for the front seats.

Welcome Paul - sounds like a fine machine!

Mines a work van so i paid no attention to the seats, they usually get stained anyway, but recently i've been thinking of getting them trimmed in leather, and it seems this forum is not supportive of sustaining my bank balance at it's current level :sneaky: And those Paul look really good, i bet you're well happy considering you designed them :thumbsup:

They definitely mark quite easily which is why I've ordered Seatskinz covers for the front seats.

Welcome Paul - sounds like a fine machine!

Did you get the ones for the back already, if so what do you think of fit and quality ?

Did you get the ones for the back already, if so what do you think of fit and quality ?
We use a blanket on the bench seats - we rather like the seat material in the T6 Cali and didn't want to cover it up.

Our last Cali had waterproof VW covers and fitted black carpets - it just looked a bit dull. So this time around we're using nice blankets for the bench seat and rugs for the floor. Looks far more homely and it easier to clean (well the floor is anyway!). But the front seats were impossible to cover and in a Cali you need to tread on them to get upstairs so they did get a few marks on them in Spain. Just about washed out but decided covers were essential. But again we wanted nicer looking covers so went the custom route instead. I hope they're okay because they're just under £300!

Last edited:
Back