Sage Accounting Software Help Needed Please.

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
As the title suggests.
Anyone a wizard with this and could help please.
More about the set up and importing our company information than actually creating invoices etc.
Thanks
Dan.

Wouldn’t call myself a wizard but have used a couple different versions for several years
I’m more used to instant/payroll and not the bigger Sage50 software that has a lot more features/functions

What do you need to know ?
Does your accountant not help with this stuff ?

It is Sage 50.....

Import our company logo and email settings for when it comes to sending the invoices direct from the Sage software.
My wife will know more about what she wants to achieve.

Sage want us to subscribe to £45.00pm for remote help and advice. The accountant can do it but again its slightly out of there expertise as its more tailored to our company needs rather than how they use Sage.

I put our logo on our Sage, can’t for the life of me remember how I done it, all I do know is it must have been fairly easy as I’m cack at anything to do with computers!

You need to click on the report that you want to add the logo onto eg a sales invoice template.
Then click the "edit" button which will open up the sage report designer from where you can add logos etc.
For info if you are above the vat threshold you may be forced to take out sage support next year when "making tax digital" comes on as you will need sage updates etc to do that

We ditched Sage last year (after about 10+ years of using it) and went with Xero. So much cheaper, better, easier, add invoices anywhere, do receipts when on the road, havent looked back (well, once or twice, but hardly ever).

Much better product.

I'd echo the advice above.

My advice is ditch it fast and use Quickbooks.

Xero is OK, but there have been repeat issues with emailing invoices being blocked by anti-spam filters.

The problem is that everyone has a different opinion on the software that they use, and as always it comes down to how competent the user is with that software.

I speak as an accountant with 30+ years in private practice and have experience of both using and reviewing all of the versions named above.

I would consider speaking to your own accountant to get their advice as you need someone to speak to if you get stuck. They need to be able to point you in the right direction

Quickbooks is great ..... but I am running 2014 pro .... all upgrades now are subscription monthly payments ....

Its Sage instant accounts....Sage 50.
To be honest its my wife who does the accounts. All has been ok but the other day we tried to send the invoices by email direct from the Sage program rather than saving them to a folder or to the desk top and then sending them from there. When we were trying to set up the email setting etc it caused something to go wrong and we cant get back to the original settings.
We basically need to talk to someone and explain in detail what we were trying to achieve and then perhaps a remote connection to assist.

Cheers.

Sounds like you have lost the template. if you try and produce a hard copy invoice, you should see a list of all the templates, click on the email one and edit it. This will allow you to add a logo onto the template

We ditched Sage last year (after about 10+ years of using it) and went with Xero. So much cheaper, better, easier, add invoices anywhere, do receipts when on the road, havent looked back (well, once or twice, but hardly ever).

Much better product.

Me too. Made life so much easier. Best thing I have done for my business

Didn't really want to start a new thread on accounting software ( surely don't need more than one) so tagging on to this one regarding MTD software, anyone looked into this much as the letters are now dropping through our letter boxes regarding the change coming in April 2019.

I'm only a small business so wondering what others in similar position, and what software you are looking into and any recommendations for me to look at.

Looked at Easy books, quickbooks, accountant mentioned Iris but this might be more than I need.

Want to keep it simple if possible.

TIA

I’m in the same position we currently run two sets of sage instant account (non subscription) and my accountant brought this up yesterday, she wants me to go to xero or quickbooks as second choice but I’m not sure, after several years using sage I finally feel like I have a good grip on it and know how to do everything I need to with ease and not sure if I want to mix it up and go back to scratch with different software
A couple of people I know have moved over to xero and really like it but I’m wondering how much hassle it will be ?

Back