Sage Accounting Software Help Needed Please.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Dannyb6467, 21 Oct 2018.

1. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    As the title suggests.
    Anyone a wizard with this and could help please.
    More about the set up and importing our company information than actually creating invoices etc.
    Thanks
    Dan.

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Wouldn’t call myself a wizard but have used a couple different versions for several years
    I’m more used to instant/payroll and not the bigger Sage50 software that has a lot more features/functions

What do you need to know ?
    Does your accountant not help with this stuff ?

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Member T6 Pro

Importing from what?

4. Dannyb6467

Map
    It is Sage 50.....

Import our company logo and email settings for when it comes to sending the invoices direct from the Sage software.
    My wife will know more about what she wants to achieve.

Sage want us to subscribe to £45.00pm for remote help and advice. The accountant can do it but again its slightly out of there expertise as its more tailored to our company needs rather than how they use Sage.

5. PipeMonkey

PipeMonkey Member VIP Member

Map
    I put our logo on our Sage, can’t for the life of me remember how I done it, all I do know is it must have been fairly easy as I’m cack at anything to do with computers!

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Member T6 Pro

I run Quickbooks Pro .... adding logos and customising forms is simple

7. Irvine101

Irvine101 New Member VIP Member

Map
    You need to click on the report that you want to add the logo onto eg a sales invoice template.
    Then click the "edit" button which will open up the sage report designer from where you can add logos etc.
    For info if you are above the vat threshold you may be forced to take out sage support next year when "making tax digital" comes on as you will need sage updates etc to do that

8. Sturge

Sturge Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    We ditched Sage last year (after about 10+ years of using it) and went with Xero. So much cheaper, better, easier, add invoices anywhere, do receipts when on the road, havent looked back (well, once or twice, but hardly ever).

Much better product.

Einion likes this.
  9. Toad

Toad Member VIP Member

I'd echo the advice above.

My advice is ditch it fast and use Quickbooks.

Xero is OK, but there have been repeat issues with emailing invoices being blocked by anti-spam filters.

10. Irvine101

Irvine101 New Member VIP Member

Map
    The problem is that everyone has a different opinion on the software that they use, and as always it comes down to how competent the user is with that software.

I speak as an accountant with 30+ years in private practice and have experience of both using and reviewing all of the versions named above.

I would consider speaking to your own accountant to get their advice as you need someone to speak to if you get stuck. They need to be able to point you in the right direction

Dannyb6467, Sturge and Pauly like this.
  11. Murdoch

Murdoch Member T6 Pro

Quickbooks is great ..... but I am running 2014 pro .... all upgrades now are subscription monthly payments ....

12. WolverineMac

WolverineMac Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    What version of Sage do you own

13. Dannyb6467

Map
    Its Sage instant accounts....Sage 50.
    To be honest its my wife who does the accounts. All has been ok but the other day we tried to send the invoices by email direct from the Sage program rather than saving them to a folder or to the desk top and then sending them from there. When we were trying to set up the email setting etc it caused something to go wrong and we cant get back to the original settings.
    We basically need to talk to someone and explain in detail what we were trying to achieve and then perhaps a remote connection to assist.

Cheers.

14. WolverineMac

Map
    Sounds like you have lost the template. if you try and produce a hard copy invoice, you should see a list of all the templates, click on the email one and edit it. This will allow you to add a logo onto the template

15. Einion

Einion New Member

Me too. Made life so much easier. Best thing I have done for my business

16. Dannyb6467

Map
    Thanks all....sorted at last.

17. WolverineMac

Map
    @Dannyb6467 if you are VAT registered in all likelihood you may need to move from Sage instant if its an old version, as SAGE are not updating their software to be MTD compliant

Dannyb6467 likes this.