Sage Accounting Software Help Needed Please.

Xero seems to be the one that most people are moving too, if you go on their website it gives you a free trial/demo to get a feel for it

I’m in the same position we currently run two sets of sage instant account (non subscription) and my accountant brought this up yesterday, she wants me to go to xero or quickbooks as second choice but I’m not sure, after several years using sage I finally feel like I have a good grip on it and know how to do everything I need to with ease and not sure if I want to mix it up and go back to scratch with different software
A couple of people I know have moved over to xero and really like it but I’m wondering how much hassle it will be ?
I was exactly the same. But I have not looked back. My turnover is £250k per year and I do the books myself with accountant just dipping in now and again to help. Because its cloud based its easier than sage old school. Auto bank feeds keep your bank reconciled really easy. Helped with my cash flow.

there is (or was) a free migration from Sage to Xero. We paid to do a second and third year, and this means much easier to do year on year comparisons. The process was reasonably pain free, and as long as you check your numbers before and after, and do the VAT return properly as per the instructions after the switch over, it works well. Definately find invoicing much easier, debt chasing, recurring invoices way easier. I can debt chase when at the client, raise invoices or sort queries on my laptop / ipad when sat with the client. Multi users not a problem. Receipts for things like fuel I enter via my iphone while eating a sandwich, job done, receipt shredded. So much better.

Back