Routing Electrics

Iandg

Hi all, new on here and hoping for some help!

Just started planning out my conversion and was thinking about the routing for the electrics and what order to do things..

I've sound proofed and insulated the walls, was thinking about doing the floor next. Do I need to get the electrics in first (sort of 1st fix) and route under the floor then up into the units or do you put the floor in first and route through the walls?

Some converters seem to lay the ply directly on the floor but that wouldn't leave a void for cable.

Pretty much all the electric requirements will be on the drivers side so under the floor and up into units seems sensible but not sure.

Just wondered how you all tackled it!

Cheers

Hi all, new on here and hoping for some help!

Just started planning out my conversion and was thinking about the routing for the electrics and what order to do things..

I've sound proofed and insulated the walls, was thinking about doing the floor next. Do I need to get the electrics in first (sort of 1st fix) and route under the floor then up into the units or do you put the floor in first and route through the walls?

Some converters seem to lay the ply directly on the floor but that wouldn't leave a void for cable.

Pretty much all the electric requirements will be on the drivers side so under the floor and up into units seems sensible but not sure.

Just wondered how you all tackled it!

Cheers
In the side panels / roof loom. Havent seen many people do floor.

At the sides/roof join there is a large flat bit of angled metal with a significant void behind. Most use that and the B pillars.

IMG_20190518_183447.jpg

IMG_20190518_183551.jpg

IMG_20190518_194120.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I can see what you mean now!

I just didn't want to put the floor down then regret it! Glad i asked now...

On a similar point, have you come across any good electric install guides? I was looking at buying a lot from Rayne auto and installing it but as you can tell from the original question I'm a bit unsure how to get the electrics round to the various parts of the van...

Back