Roof Tent - new design.....

Like it! Don’t think Calib would take the weight though! As a matter of interest, does anyone know what load is the T6 rated for?

But it just looks like a cheap tent stuffed on the roof! Appears that it doesn't even go on a rack! And it drapes all over the paintwork!

hell nah!

It does come with a protective mat that goes between the tent and the roof. Not sure why you would store the ladder on the roof as i would of thought thats more likely to cause damage lifting and lowering

A T6 is rated for a roof load of 150kg, but that is through the roof bar mounting points.
I like the look of that roof tent, but you would need to be really careful about roof load, as the weight of the people is on the roof skin.
Pete

From the photos it looks like the tent base only contacts the roof at the edges. Would be good if Decathlon gave more info on it.

I have a FrontRunner expedition rack so hoping it will fit on that easily enough. Putting our Autohome rooftent on the rack is not easy due to the lack of space underneath the rack. Looks like Decathlons tent will be a lot easier to mount and store when not in use.

Hmm, doesn’t look like it would work as well as a proper roof tent, looks just like an ordinary tent stuck on a roof. Probably much cheaper ways of doing this if you don’t want to spring for the real thing.

Speaking personally, I can't think of any reason at all why I would want to use one of those instead of a conventional tent pitched on terra firm. Apart from anything else, I'm not sure that I would want to be in that particular roof tent when it was peeing down and blowing anything much more than a breeze.

It’ll be dead handy if wolves are ever reintroduced to the UK, otherwise a good tale to tell the nurse in A&E after you get up for a piss in the middle of the night.

Imagine if you sleep walk :oops:

Imagine if you sleep walk :oops:
Well, one you would do less of (sleep walking) and the other more of (imagining what it would be like to be able to walk again!) It’s the phone call with the insurance company when they decide “undeclared modification” or “uninsured risk”!

Not convinced by this, certainly would not have coped with the conditions we had in Iceland a few summers ago, whereas the hannibal roof tent was great. Do agree though getting these on and off the roof is a major pain in the proverbial.

Back