Roof Rack Help!!!!

Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi All

I need a roof rack in a bit of a hurry! I don't want roof rails and it's to put a carbon dinghy mast on so doesn't need to be that industrial!!! Plus will not be on the van permanently, anyone get any suggestions please? Just want something simple 2 bars.

Any advice appreciated!

Nick

Was thinking along the same lines.

We used to have the inflatable bars that had a strap shut in the doors on a 4x4 - not sure how that would with a sliding door, maybe feed it after the roller and only open the door 1/2 way (assuming you’ve got 2 doors).

There are a lot of snowboard/ski carriers that have a just stick to the roof in pairs (magnet and/or suction) maybe they do different types?

Thank you All and good options! But due to time limit VW roof rack on order hope its the right one!!!! :)

I’m in need of a roof rack system to carry 2/3 kids kayaks, I don’t really want to spend to much and I’ve seen a set of bars with cross bars on eBay (new) for £99.99 seems to good to be true!!!

Should I buy the eBay ones or stick with VW dealer shop which are probably twice the price?

Post the eBay link so we can have a look.

I bought mine on eBay and they are VW OEM.

Pete

Those eBay ones are only rated to 30kg - may not be enough for 3 kayaks.

Pete

I was thinking that, wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep the bars on all the time really either and than van guard ones look easy to take off and on when I need kayaks - do you think three or just two bars on a SWB khomi?

Back