Roof Lining Replacement

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
here we go again

Had Van-x curtains fitted to windows of my 67 plate Caravelle

The guy used rivets in the head lining and sliding door plastics, the rivets have now pulled through the head lining and it looks a mess

Now, I either replace the whole lining or I
Have a poss solution but unable to carry it out myself, get a metal plate the roof side of the head lining with the curtain rail on the other, and rivet into that

I am so open to other ideas as it’s really unsightly and I desperately need the curtains,

All suggestions appreciated and ready to pay someone to help out

Can you not pop the headlining down and use some small m2 bolts with a waher and nut behind?

N58amx, i guess so but its not something im keen to attempt, w have tried to get a couple bolts in it today but pressurising that lining is pretty hairy

Im happy to let someone do it fo rme for a fee as long as they're happy about doing it experienced or at least game on to make it right if they have an "accident" lol

Im just so worried abut the lining getting bent or ripped

So , re reading
Basicallly the curtain tack has been pot riveted into the soft roof lining ?
How about inserting some fischer fixing type plasterboard fixings up through the pot rivetedholes and then simply rescrewing
?
That would save pulling headlining down ,
Basically the small threaded type with the wings that open up behind plasterboard.
But the metal type

I think I know what you mean, shall investigate that idea

Have tried screws but obviously they have nothing to go into and just come straight out the instand the curtains are touched

Tri fold rivets might work:thumbsup:I have never had one pull out in about 10 different kayaks.

Try cutting a strip of 9mm ply slide it under the roof panel and replace all rivets with screws

...Had Van-x curtains fitted to windows of my 67 plate Caravelle

The guy used rivets in the head lining and sliding door plastics, the rivets have now pulled through the head lining and it looks a mess..

Have you spoken to the fitter about making it right?

Other than that, I can’t think of any fitters in or around London other than out at Colchester..

I am in hampshire, the fitter is in manchester, he is a lost cause, lots of promises just empty words

I am prepared to go anywhere as long as it can be done and look right

Not too far from Dorset, have you tried Wessex Vans, Van Haven, Uber Bus, Revampavan etc?

And that is a piss poor attempt, any chance of naming/shaming?

Why would you think a pop rivet would work in a roof lining? Daft IMO. Not helpful I know but these should be educated.

Back