Roof Disbonded From Structure.

The Bear78

145 000 miles and just broken in!
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all,
I am currently making use of my time at home by embarking on the sound deadening and insulation journey.
So far all is going well and the panels have come off to leave no unexpected issues.
I have noticed however that the roof has come away from all of the cross beams of the internal structure. There is evidence of a black adhesive/sealer in all of the "joint" areas but none of appears to be doing its job.
Has anyone else come across this before? I will certainly bond the joints back together as currently the whole roof is basically a massive drum.

20200327_112943.jpg

I seen it on many cars. It's only there to stop rattles and vibration, it's not structual.
Thank you and yes, I am not too concerned about any loss of strength. I wondered if it was particularly common as several differently searches on here came up blank so that's good to know.
Hopefully re sticking it will reduce a fair amount of booming.

Morning all,
I am currently making use of my time at home by embarking on the sound deadening and insulation journey.
So far all is going well and the panels have come off to leave no unexpected issues.
I have noticed however that the roof has come away from all of the cross beams of the internal structure. There is evidence of a black adhesive/sealer in all of the "joint" areas but none of appears to be doing its job.
Has anyone else come across this before? I will certainly bond the joints back together as currently the whole roof is basically a massive drum.

View attachment 64087
Hello I have been doing my roof yesterday and mine are the same I am going to put some tiger seal in there before I put the next layer on top of the silent coat quick question do you put.
Silent coat. Dodo liner then dodo fleece on the roof or leave out the dodo fleece??

Mine had come away as well seems more so in the summer when the bond seems to just melt
Cheers. The sealant left there is certainly tackier than I would have expected but it did have a few hours in the sun

Morning all,

View attachment 64087
Mine was the same, tiger seal fixed it :thumbsup:

Back