Roof Bars -Bit of advice.Just

Scot

T6 Pro
Just purchased a set of chrome roof rails from" Vanstlyle" for my T6 LWB.
Delivery was without doubt first class.
However, whilst fixing the rails I noticed that as I was bolting them down they were infact marking/scratching the paintwork on the sides the roof channel.
The foot plates are actually a couple of mm too wide and should be trimmed and chamfered to match the bottom of the channel.
I have since removed them, touched up the paintwork, run a grinder down both sides of the rail foot[plates and taken a least a couple of mm off and run a small chamfer from all edges. Also touch-up the footplates with hammerite.
I am only letting owners know as they may have had someone else fit them and therefor may not know if the paintwork has been damaged. May be worth a look.
Scot

Interesting. I bought a set of the chrome roof rails from vanstyle a few months back and I had to do similar modifications. The holes for the bolts in the rails didn't line up completly and I had to lengthen the holes a tad to line up with the roof fixings. I never complained to vanstyle so can't say if they would have corrected it or not. Their postal service was first class for sure.

I have a set o VW ones and seem to have a slight leak through on one mount would this be getting past the bolt threads or the rubber seal

Back