Rolled worktops?!

Ralpher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Does anyone know a manufacturer or merchant who sells any kitchen stuff, eg. worktops with a rolled-top style as below please?

The example shown is from Three Bridge Campervans, however they will not supply unless they build your camper (which is the bit I want to do!)

1679659489051.png1679659489051.png

Guessing that's made specially for them? As above looks lovely but for actual function it would be a pita.

I'm sure I've seen something similar on Evo designs website. Seems a bit of a case of "form over function" though. Totally impractical in a real world van.

We (my company) designed this bar for a friend 20 years ago. Looks great and lots of people comment on it and can’t help having a feel of the bar, but it’s true that they lost 2ft of highly usable bar space with the curves. Add up what you’d have and what you’d lose and see if you still want it.

085B7F17-514B-4B7A-841C-087E47E9B1F0.jpeg

We (my company) designed this bar for a friend 20 years ago. Looks great and lots of people comment on it and can’t help having a feel of the bar, but it’s true that they lost 2ft of highly usable bar space with the curves. Add up what you’d have and what you’d lose and see if you still want it.

View attachment 193441
It’s a work of art, only improved by some Hendrix at full volume.
Not really a great idea in a SWB van though as I sussed after a visit to 3 Bridges.

It’s a work of art, only improved by some Hendrix at full volume.
Not really a great idea in a SWB van though as I sussed after a visit to 3 Bridges.
Funnily enough we had a similar experience. We were all set to sign up with 3B for our conversion. Went to Busfest & saw them in the flesh & walked. It was a tad “Blingy” for our taste.

Yes I hear what you guys are saying, it's not really the very polished look I'm aftyer, more that I like the different format for the kitchen. I'm sure that this won't win me any friends, but I've visited several manufacturers of these kitchens and to be honest, they all look the same and all cost more than one might imagine some "MFI" furniture should cost.
A grand plus for a few bits of ply which has been routered on a CNC machine sounds like a good racket me me!

I admire good workmanship and I appreciate that a van is a van and there are certain constraints with room and format but I can't help thinking that a lot of manufacturers just copy eachothers designs.

I also understand the materials used are for weight saving and strength but I've seen solid wood worktops, Corian@ worktops, marble worktops etc.
So, basically I would like something a bit different and pleasing to the eye. Practicality isn't a big issue as I won't be living in the thing (although the Mrs is frowning at the pure grey money pit, into which I've been "investing lately") so I don't want to tempt fate!

I may have mentioned in other posts, that I;m not installing ovens and hotplates as originally planned as after a rethink, I bought an Ecoflow Delta power pack, along with the 220 watt solar array and every low wattage kitchen thingymajig I thought likely necessary for a moan-free weekend.
A sink is the only thing which (I'm told by management) is "essential" to be cut into the worktop. So this should leave the rest of it for beer glasses and food preeparation (in that order!)

My reasoning is that any smelly cooking can be done outside, where spillage and other 8 year-old induced mishaps are not going to ruin my hard work. We can use the appliances independently of the van (so if I DO actually get booted out of the house, the garage is an option).

No idea who the above is going to work out but it's an easy fix to add things later, not so easy to remove holes from work surfaces.

(The light was on special at Costco for about £22. It's darn bright but has different settings, just thought I'd add it for fun.)
:)Air Fryer.jpgEcoflow Delta 1300.jpgInduction Hob.jpgKettle.jpgToaster.jpgLight.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Back