Wanted Rocking Horse...

I’ve only ever driven manuals so was logical choice for me. Bit of a pain around town but all gears smooth enough. Plus the fact it was circa £4.5k more for the 204 DSG over the 150 manual.

Yeah a PV is an option if it has a tailgate. Will keep an eye on the Cooler website, nothing suitable currently. And everywhere is a long way from where I live in NE Scotland!

@Sharpe how do you find the manual TSI? I have a DSG and love it but would like to hear how people find the manual. I've got a pendle map on mine, was too excited and couldn't wait for the warranty to finish.
Hi, interested that you went for a pendle map.. I,ve recently been considering a Revo stage1 (poss2). How did you like your upgrade. Is there a cost/ performance benefit of one over the other? I have a TSI Dsg and need to pull a caravan ( yes I know !). Any advice appreciated

Hi @malburley the reason I went for the Pendle over the Revo was simply because it was on offer at a discounted rate at Leighton Vans (who also do Revo by the way). I asked the same question regarding the difference between them when I booked it in and was told pretty much no difference so saved around £150 and went for Pendle. I've got to say I was (and still am) impressed with the difference it made however more than anything I'm glad I've had the TVS DSG remap, the drive is much better for it. I can't comment on Revo but to my mind, I doubt the average mere mortal could realistically them apart.

Hi @malburley the reason I went for the Pendle over the Revo was simply because it was on offer at a discounted rate at Leighton Vans (who also do Revo by the way). I asked the same question regarding the difference between them when I booked it in and was told pretty much no difference so saved around £150 and went for Pendle. I've got to say I was (and still am) impressed with the difference it made however more than anything I'm glad I've had the TVS DSG remap, the drive is much better for it. I can't comment on Revo but to my mind, I doubt the average mere mortal could realistically them apart.
Just for info Leighton vans no longer do Revo maps, dropped them in feb.

Back