Road Tax - What are you paying?

My car app says £290.
Buggers.
that's what my V11 reminder via the post said. . . . £290

then when i done it online it said. . .

"The V11 price may be wrong as its pre-printed."

sure enough, yesterday, a week after getting the letter, doing it online - £320.

i remember my 2008 and 2011 T5 and T5.1 were only £180.

I pay £25.07 per month, Radom figure.
I looked at that. But the monthly DD was about £20 a year more expensive. (Stuff that I thought)

So I went for the annual DD, same price as debit card. £320. But DD taken one a year.

I'm interested to see what our 2012 Passat comes out at, as it has been £20 for the last 7 years. I figure the money I have saved on the Passat outweighs the extra I put on the Van.

My camper was converted new before registration with whole vehicle type approval.
Paperwork shows I paid £295 as part of the OTR price at its first registration (March 23), with a quoted Co2 of 201g/km?
Actual Reg Certificate came back with a Co2 of 0.024g/km and van registered as a M1 Motor Caravan PLG Euro 6 AR.
Checking Gov.uk it says my renewal will be £325 which matches the over 1549cc PLG11 class for motorhomes.
I believe the extra £390 per year, for the first 5 years, for the list price being over £40K doesn’t apply but not 100% on that as info differs across the web on that one and I remember a bit of paper that was put in front of me when I picked up the van mentioned it did apply.
Will see if I get lucky next March.

Reactions: CAB
My Shuttle is now 5 years old so I won't be paying £480 each year... Yippydoodah!
Are you sure? The posh car tax is added to years 2-6

Check your dates. If you tax it annually and it is due before it's six years old, you'll pay the full amount again. If you pay monthly, you'll only pay the higher rate until it's 6th birthday, then it will drop to the lower rate.

Are you sure? The posh car tax is added to years 2-6

Check your dates. If you tax it annually and it is due before it's six years old, you'll pay the full amount again. If you pay monthly, you'll only pay the higher rate until it's 6th birthday, then it will drop to the lower rate.
Really? Wow, I guess I pay a chunk more for another year though, thanks for pointing that out.

Back