Road Tax - What are you paying?

It seems like a panel van (with windows) road tax is similar to that Yazz & Plastic Populations song title from the late 80's...

This is what I've increasingly paid over the last 5 years :thumbsdown: :

1682968870033.png

Last edited:
Someone‘s got to pay for all those cones and blokes leaning on shovels checking their phones!
Other than a quick and totally ruthless revolution there is no choice other than chancing it.

Reactions: CAB
My Shuttle is 6 years old, so having checked the DVLA I am no longer paying £480 each year. It's due on 1st June. The wife checked online but I'll publish the amount once I receive the notice.

Mine is taxed from the start of May, every year the V11 states a lower price than I actually pay, this year it was £320, 2016 Euro 5 Kombi. The Grand California, is £200 a year if I remember rightly mind you the GC doesn’t get as used as much, but is a larger, heavier vehicle.

£178.75 for 6 (summer) months for my Mk2 Golf GTI. Last year I did about 300 miles in it. How many emissions did it pump out compared to a little car doing 10,000miles and paying £20 for the year?

Given how little I use it, I'll get my enjoyment from looking at it for the next few years until it's 40.

£178.75 for 6 (summer) months for my Mk2 Golf GTI. Last year I did about 300 miles in it. How many emissions did it pump out compared to a little car doing 10,000miles and paying £20 for the year?

Given how little I use it, I'll get my enjoyment from looking at it for the next few years until it's 40.
That sounds dangerously like to a call for pay-per-mile road taxing. :eek:

• Haha
well they are if you're comparing the £165 to the £320 some/most of us seem to be paying?
As I say, it's just the start. Replacing the revenue previously paid for by ICE users is utterly inevitable.

As I say, it's just the start. Replacing the revenue previously paid for by ICE users is utterly inevitable.

yeah of course, two things are certain in life an' all that...

talking of which, renewal through today. £320 (on a 2016 Highline Kombi) :sick:

Last edited:
2019 T6 150 factory Kombi - £320 May 2023.

Can someone explain what this money pays for? Our local roads are like the surface of the moon and getting worse by the day :rolleyes:

Back