Rivet Nuts

Adam Lucas

Carpenter
T6 Pro
Hi All
I want to fit some rivet nuts in to the existing panel clip holes , these holes are 8mm and looking at a rivet nut size chart i either need a 7mm hole for a m5 or a 9mm hole for a m6.

Would a m5 pull together and clamp up into the existing 8mm hole or should i drill them out to 9mm and fit the m6?

Also i assume the large head rivet nuts are the strongest?

Hopefully i spiced up your Saturday afternoon with this thread !

Cheers

Or make the hole smaller with a M7 washer behind? Presumably only to take the weight of lightweight panels.

I guess im just being lazy , can you recommend any type of stick on gasket / silicon i can put between the ply panel and metal to stop any rubbing squeaking noise ?
I used sticks lick s**t on my old van , but i had to take a panel off and it tore layers of the ply off.

used neoprene tape in the past on the defender, you get it in rolls of various widths and thicknesses, self adhesive on one side and worked a treat, Various sellers on ebay with it. I'll probably do the same to the T6 when I take the ply off to sound proof and insulate the rear.

I guess im just being lazy , can you recommend any type of stick on gasket / silicon i can put between the ply panel and metal to stop any rubbing squeaking noise ?
I used sticks lick s**t on my old van , but i had to take a panel off and it tore layers of the ply off.
Tap washer?.

Thanks Kiter, i will take a look at that.
If your keeping the factory hardboard panels , they probably won't need a gasket but i think 3 or 6 mm ply does.

Thanks Kiter, i will take a look at that.
If your keeping the factory hardboard panels , they probably won't need a gasket but i think 3 or 6 mm ply does.
mine was ply lined by the dealership but no sound proofing/insulation so will all be coming off to do that. I just got the 1mm tape for the back of the defender and worked a treat when I ply lined the rear.

Hi All
I want to fit some rivet nuts in to the existing panel clip holes , these holes are 8mm and looking at a rivet nut size chart i either need a 7mm hole for a m5 or a 9mm hole for a m6.

Would a m5 pull together and clamp up into the existing 8mm hole or should i drill them out to 9mm and fit the m6?

Also i assume the large head rivet nuts are the strongest?

Hopefully i spiced up your Saturday afternoon with this thread !

Cheers

Easy look on Amazon you can get a kit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=riv+nuts

Back