Right Side Repeater Problem

St4n99

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hey everyone . Just noticed today my right side repeter was flashing fast on my dash so had a look outside and all repeaters are fine and working normal and aslo fine with brake lights applied . . No fault codes found ,I'm thinking hazard switch myself as AV had similar problem with my car but when it happened with my car it was left and right that was acting up and not just one side . Don't use the van much as am converting it slowly but surely but last week I had a bike rack installed on the towbar for the day but can't mind if the issue started when I took the bike rack off .eny ideas or similar problems or even a link to a similar problem will be great guys

Hi @St4n99 . Just read this post and I have exactly the same issue with my 19 plate T6. It started today for seemingly no reason. I have dynamic side repeaters and aftermarket headlight units with again, dynamic repeaters. They have been working fine for months.
Did you resolve the issue with your van ?

Hi @St4n99 . Just read this post and I have exactly the same issue with my 19 plate T6. It started today for seemingly no reason. I have dynamic side repeaters and aftermarket headlight units with again, dynamic repeaters. They have been working fine for months.
Did you resolve the issue with your van ?
Hey JKT6, it turned out the aftermarket towbar module that was installed before I had bought the van had been placed in water trap , so over time it eventually started to cause this issue , because it was all linked into the bcm my van was thinking that a trailer was connected up so when the indicators were flashing fast inside the van ,that was it telling me the trailer had a bulb out but obviously had no trailer hooked up at all . New module fitted and also was a relay if I remember correctly fitted just incase as that was also soaking and all installed in a better location and all was perfect again ,I have the the standard h7 headlights installed , has your problem started after the headlights were installed ,do you have a towbar installed with hook-up connection ?

Not sure if it's the same problem as yours but on another forum I found that some people with aftermarket dynamic repeaters had started to have the same issue as you and the company that supplied them had came up with a plug and play fix ,Al send the link just incase you can relate to it , looks like over time the low voltage of the LEDs start to play up with the canbus ,ano it's a t5 these are on but seams to be same symptoms , if you scroll down to #38 you will see the fix

Can't find the same problem on a t6 am afraid at the moment with a search , am tryn to think it you still have the original side repeaters if you could mibi swap them back over and if the problem goes away then ye know were the fault lies ?

Can't find the same problem on a t6 am afraid at the moment with a search , am tryn to think it you still have the original side repeaters if you could mibi swap them back over and if the problem goes away then ye know were the fault lies ?
@St4n99 . Thanks very much for all your help on this. I do indeed still have the original side repeaters, and as you say it would be the most logical first step to swap them back into the van and see if the problem persists.
They have been installed for about 4 months now and I've never had a problem. Even now I only seem to have a problem on the right hand side.
The LED DRL Headlights were from Advanced In-Car Technologies and were far from cheap ! They were the latest upgrade to the electrical system and have been working fine for over a month. I actually have the filament lamps istalled for main beam and high beam as I didn't want to blind oncoming drivers or risk any sort of "debate" in the event of an insurance claim. In truth I only really wanted the cool DRL bars and dynamic indicators ! I also still have the original headlight units so if need be I'll swap them back over (or at least just plug them in) and see if that helps narrow down the problem.
I love the idea of actually adding filament lamps, taping them up and hiding them, I've seen everything now
I'll swap things over one by one tomorrow and see where it takes me. Thanks again, much appreciated.

@St4n99 . Thanks very much for all your help on this. I do indeed still have the original side repeaters, and as you say it would be the most logical first step to swap them back into the van and see if the problem persists.
They have been installed for about 4 months now and I've never had a problem. Even now I only seem to have a problem on the right hand side.
The LED DRL Headlights were from Advanced In-Car Technologies and were far from cheap ! They were the latest upgrade to the electrical system and have been working fine for over a month. I actually have the filament lamps istalled for main beam and high beam as I didn't want to blind oncoming drivers or risk any sort of "debate" in the event of an insurance claim. In truth I only really wanted the cool DRL bars and dynamic indicators ! I also still have the original headlight units so if need be I'll swap them back over (or at least just plug them in) and see if that helps narrow down the problem.
I love the idea of actually adding filament lamps, taping them up and hiding them, I've seen everything now
I'll swap things over one by one tomorrow and see where it takes me. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Do post your findings on the one by one swap overs please

Back