RIB Altair 112 dimensions

Dickie's Dub

Can anyone tell me the distance from the centre of the rear door threshold cover to the front edge of the RIB frame?

i have a T6 SWB and I’m trying to work out where the frame will sit in relation to furniture doors.

I can't as I'm not with the van, but there is some variance allowed. Some prefer it further forward and some right back, so the bed is tight against the rear doors.

That’s the measurement I’m after, the frame position when the seat is as far back as it can go. (Assuming a standard length bed 1860mm)

I'll be at the van in an hour or so. I'll have a measure then. If no-one beats me to it.

It depends on if you have a slider or fixed bed, long back or standard etc. There is actually no correct position and the bed can be fitted anywhere essentially as long as you are fixing with suitable bracket system. If using a tested bracket it will dictate the position of the seat. For ours we fit approx. 500mm from the rear but we use slider seats with standard back. Cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am planning to build a T6 LWB interior around a RIB Altair 112 bed. This could be a disaster unless I find the accurate dimensions for the bed both up, pulled forward and folded down as a bed. Does anyone have these dimensions or could point me to a diagram? I've failed to find one. In particular I need these measurements:
1. Distance of the rightmost edge from the left inner panel of the van (i.e. is it 112cm or does more space need to be allowed for?)
2. Distance from the inner panel of the back door (a suitable reference point) to the front edge when it is in seat mode (to allow space for cupboard doors)
3. The above when the seat is pulled forward by the max 20cm
4. Distance from the inner panel of the back door to the front edge when it is folded down as a bed (to make sure there is room for the fridge)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In particular, if someone would be able to take measurements from their own van, that would be brilliant. I am going to allow, say, 20mm so differences in lining material etc shouldn't be a problem.

Best of all, if anyone in the Leeds area would be kind enough to let me measure their van and generally have a good look around, I'd be over the moon.

Hopefully this may give you some help
Various PDF's down the side with dimensions

Hi. Does anyone know if I can get a small pull out cooker pod for the rib 112. I am hoping to get one the slides out of the wider section when viewed from the rear. Someone has offered to make me one but he's not a neat builder.

It depends on if you have a slider or fixed bed, long back or standard etc. There is actually no correct position and the bed can be fitted anywhere essentially as long as you are fixing with suitable bracket system. If using a tested bracket it will dictate the position of the seat. For ours we fit approx. 500mm from the rear but we use slider seats with standard back. Cheers:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just jumping in here. You say the RIB can be fitted anywhere? I’ve seen one converter fit a RIB slider so that in its fully slid forward position the rear parcel shelf will sit in its lowered position. Ultimately meaning that the frame of the bed is mounted approx 200mm further towards the rear of the van (roughly where most rock n roll beds are mounted). Can this be done using a ‘tested’ bracket (thinking safety for travelling kids) or would this be non tested.

I’m having the first part of my conversion carried out in May by Cosmic campervans who tend to only focus on slidepod systems and I’m after a standard kitchen/rock n roll bed conversion. The company who I’ve seen fit the RIB in this position won’t carry out a ‘part conversion.’ Any ideas or suggestions?

The RIB seems the most ‘car like’ seat for travelling passengers despite its height. Some of the rock n roll beds are terribly uncomfortable if you wanted to travel any distance sat in one.

Thanks for any help or advice you might be able to offer.

Just jumping in here. You say the RIB can be fitted anywhere? I’ve seen one converter fit a RIB slider so that in its fully slid forward position the rear parcel shelf will sit in its lowered position. Ultimately meaning that the frame of the bed is mounted approx 200mm further towards the rear of the van (roughly where most rock n roll beds are mounted). Can this be done using a ‘tested’ bracket (thinking safety for travelling kids) or would this be non tested.

I’m having the first part of my conversion carried out in May by Cosmic campervans who tend to only focus on slidepod systems and I’m after a standard kitchen/rock n roll bed conversion. The company who I’ve seen fit the RIB in this position won’t carry out a ‘part conversion.’ Any ideas or suggestions?

The RIB seems the most ‘car like’ seat for travelling passengers despite its height. Some of the rock n roll beds are terribly uncomfortable if you wanted to travel any distance sat in one.

Thanks for any help or advice you might be able to offer.
Why use a converter who can’t cover all of your needs?

We fit our seats in the position you mention as we use slider seats. Fixed seats have to be fitted further forward for the rear back rest to drop down. We don’t use the ‘tested kits’ from some of the suppliers as we have our own approved by RIB so I can’t really say the exact position where they fit but I wold assume they are further forward.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Why use a converter who can’t cover all of your needs?

We fit our seats in the position you mention as we use slider seats. Fixed seats have to be fitted further forward for the rear back rest to drop down. We don’t use the ‘tested kits’ from some of the suppliers as we have our own approved by RIB so I can’t really say the exact position where they fit but I wold assume they are further forward.

Hope this helps,

Ian
Hi Ian.

Thanks for your reply.

Our van (when it arrives, it’s currently at status 30 so hopefully won’t be too much longer) is a Kombi. Original plan was to go the forty winks route so using a converter that got us to that point wasn’t an issue. We’ve had a change of heart and now want to go ‘full camper’ hence the questions about the RIB.

Would you do a supply and fit for just floor and bed or isn’t it something you’d consider? I’ll give you a call if its easier?

Paul.

Little bugbear on my RIB 112, the nearside seatbelt line and clip seem shorter than the offside, see photos.
Is this by design? Bit of a struggle to find the clip when the bed seat is in place.

20230204_155025.jpg

20230204_155014.jpg

Last edited:
I got a seat belt socket extender off amazon, search for "

1 Pcs Belt Strap Tension Adjuster Extender Shoulder Relax Neck Comfort Supports "​

Back