Rhino Roof Rack...a bit of useful information........

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
1632063652304.png
Basically i cant see that Rhino do a roof rack specifically to suit a T6.1 SWB, Tailgate WITH a spoiler?? Tell me if im wrong.

Also, after a bit of measuring id suspect that the front of the roof rack would catch the sharks fin if id have mounted the rack using Rhino feet and the 8 fixing points on the roof.....(so would a Rhino rack being sold that suits a T6 do this anyway even if the van didnt have a spoiler?...im sure their info only refers to a T5/T6)

Anyway, id already got roof rails fitted and so i have taken off the Rhino feet and attached it to the rails directly. I know the rails have a much lesser weight capability that the rack mounted to the roof but as i see it there isnt any other option???

I already had roof rails and cross bars on the van so no added expense to get this far.

Just wondering if id missed something ?

I use rhino racks on all the vw transporters I've owned, all had spoilers and I've had barndoors (tailgate doesn't work for me) if you have tailgate the correct rhino rack will be shorter than the barndoor to allow for tailgate opening. I've had the black steel ones and now on the ali ones. Ali one much quieter than steel on wind noise

Back