Reversing Camera, Essential?

With the number of d1ckhead drivers on the roads these days I wonder if a front recording camera would be more 'essential' than a rear one?

I would say a front and rear recording Dashcam is worth fitting.... given the number of stupid drivers on the roads these days

I could have done with one today. Came around a bend to me confronted with a police car on blue lights heading towards me, on my side of the road having completely misjudged his overtake of a line of three lorries. I had to brake so hard that the hazards came on as he just about squeezed back in without taking the front off the lorry. Fortunately there was no one behind me.

My initial thought was to make a fuss as his camera would have recorded it, and I would imagine that they would be able to trace the driver by the time and location, but is there any point? Blue lights or not, there is no excuse for such a poor standard of driving. They'd say he was a highly trained and qualified driver. That may be the case, but I got a grade A, O level in maths, but I don't mind admitting that I haven't got a clue how to do calculus anymore.

Back