Reversing Camera - Bending lines

BRABUS

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Ok so a strange question. We have a brand new 22 plate shuttle SE with the factory fit reverse camera. I am wondering why when you are turning the steering wheel that the lines don’t bend. We have just got rid of a 66 plate Seat Alhambra that had this feature so was surprised that a much newer and reasonably high spec Vw doesn’t do this.

is this something that it’s simply not capable of doing or is it something that can be coded to change it?

It cant be coded, VW do two types of camera normally referred to as highline and lowline cameras
Your van is fitted with a lowline camera that has static lines, its possible to change it but the highline camera with moving lines has more cables going to it so would need wiring/adapting etc

It cant be coded, VW do two types of camera normally referred to as highline and lowline cameras
Your van is fitted with a lowline camera that has static lines, its possible to change it but the highline camera with moving lines has more cables going to it so would need wiring/adapting etc
Thank you for the fast reply. If only VW told customers these things before ordering. I suppose lowline explains the really crappy picture quality as well LOL

I know this topic has been asked about a lot, but I asked the question many months ago regarding the difference of the KA1 and KA2 rearview cameras, plenty of answers as to the differences. Thanks
I just need to know as I have purchased a rear tailgate loom part number 7LA 971 145 AL which is for the KA1 and the rear camera connections are the grey coax plug and a 4 pin connector with only 3 pins used, both ends, the one into the tailgate has the 4 pin connector and grey coax connector and the one that connects to the camera is the same,
so i am assuming the KA1 camera is a lowline camera, and the highline camera with moving lines is the KA2 option?, I want to fit the camera with the dynamic guide lines, so my question now is do I need a loom for the tailgate with the option for a KA2 camera or is there another tailgate loom option that i need to get, as Pauly states above the highline camera with moving lines needs more cables. any help would be appreciated. The T6.1 tailgate I have has the heated rear screen, with washer/wiper motor, and hole for the camera.
The 17pin black connector has 15 wire connector pins used.
Cheers

Highline camera was never an option on our vans so there is no alternative looms you have the only option available

I don’t think anymore cables at the rear are required, for Highline camera there is an additional module that is fitted, this module takes a canbus connection and interfaces/reads the steering angle sensor and the video signal goes through this module and that’s where the moving element comes from

Thanks Pauly, I printed the wiring diagram without the first page and didn't notice that there was two wiring diagrams, the KA1 and the KA2. All seems to make sense now, would you have the part number for the module that you mention?

Again a Big Thanks for the instant response.

Looking more into the wiring diagram, Reversing camera (Rear Assist), (KA2), it shows on page 62/4, 4 wires going to J772 using an 8 pin connector, so not sure how or where the 4 pin plug that is on the tailgate loom connects into. Page 62/3 shows the grey connector (coax) into R189 Camera.
The Reversing camera (Rear Assist), (KA1) Diagram shows the 3 wires connecting to the 4 pin R189 camera plug on the tailgate loom, page 58/4 shows the grey connector (coax) also connecting into the camera R189, as shown on page 58/3.

The additional module Pauly mentions above has a 20 pin plug connection.

Still confused.

IMG20240407103717.jpg

You won’t find anything about wiring the additional module as it is not, and never has been, an option in a Transporter
To achieve Highline camera you basically fit the interface module from an alternative vehicle like a Touareg for example

Back