Reverse camera A5 2017 coding

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My friend has a 2017 Audi A5, has installed a OEM reverse camera and wants it coding.

Is it the same as the T6 transporters of different?

Any pointers to say how to code this would be great.
Thanks

My friend has a 2017 Audi A5, has installed a OEM reverse camera and wants it coding.

Is it the same as the T6 transporters of different?

Any pointers to say how to code this would be great.
Thanks
Is it a lowline or highline camera?

Has it come pre-parameterised or fresh from Audi? - This will define on if there will be any fault codes left after coding

It can be done via VCDS but it's different than how it's done on a T6.

All changes on the 5f are done in adaptations (look for VPS) and will need to do some coding in BCM (09) too if it has factory PDC. Plus in 19 Gateway to add 6C camera module.

Also, you will need a current gen VCDS interface, the older one wont work fully.

All the above is assuming it has been wired correctly into the vehicle including the gateway under the rear seat.

Has it come pre-parameterised or fresh from Audi? - This will define on if there will be any fault codes left after coding

All changes on the 5f are done in adaptations (look for VPS) and will need to do some coding in BCM (09) too if it has factory PDC. Plus in 19 Gateway to add 6C camera module.

Also, you will need a current gen VCDS interface, the older one wont work fully.

All the above is assuming it has been wired correctly into the vehicle including the gateway under the rear seat.
HI thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Will check what level of camera it is - EDIT its a Highline camera

Its brand new OEM Audi camera.
Car is an Audi A5 B9.

I'm not sure about pre-parametised or not. EDIT - Non Parameterised

My VCDS is a current genuine one. It works on my T6.1.

Last edited:

Done some more research, juct checking please:

Module 19 Gateway
  • Select Installation List
  • Check 6C Rear View Camera
  • Save

Module 09 Central Electrics

On module 09 Central Electrics Byte 35 is missing so go to Byte 38, at Bit 2-3 select 04 camera variant_rvc, installed.

Module 5F Multimedia

• Select Adaptation
  • Search for VPS
  • Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS set the new value activated and press Do it!
  • Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_msg_bus set the new value Terminal 15 and press Do it
As its not pre-parameterised:

Module 6C Rear view camera

Byte 04 – Bit 0 blocked to 1 = AHK
Byte 04 – Bit 1 to 1 = Parking aid front + rear installed
Byte 04 – Bit 1 to 0 = Rear parking aid installed
Byte 04 – Bit 2 to 1 = Parking Assist installed
Byte 07 – Bit 0 to 1 = Guides across
Byte 07 – Bit 1 to 1 = Guides parallel
Byte 07 – Bit 2 on 1 = Guides Trailer
Byte 07 – Bit 3 on 1 = Guides cross
Byte 07 – Bit 4 on 1 = Guides park steering assist installed

Thanks in advance