Reverse Camera Problem MIB2

Finley44

Just fitted aftermarket NTSC camera. Ticked 5F and Module 10 for reverse camera. When I go into reverse I get a picture but it is black & white and scrolls. Leads & camera checked using display collected to T6 good picture no issues. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

I meant to add camera installed as lowline. I can only think it is a coding issue but have followed all previous guidance so at a loss as to what is the issue.

Just fitted aftermarket NTSC camera. Ticked 5F and Module 10 for reverse camera. When I go into reverse I get a picture but it is black & white and scrolls. Leads & camera checked using display collected to T6 good picture no issues. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.
Where did you take power supply to your camera from?

Originally wasn't a clean supply which caused interference/scrambled screen when engine was running. Took a clean supply direct from battery which goes through a relay and now just have the black/white picture and scrolling issue (picture itself is good other than the two issues) I am wondering now if it could be the camera. It is an A-Sure one but is is NTSC/Pal - could it be defaulting to Pal hence the issue? Any thoughts on this welcome and any other possibilities.

Isn't NTSC American stuff?

We use PAL here and in EU.

Not sure if that has any relevance on anything.....

This means that NTSC and PAL equipment are not directly compatible. If you have ever connected a PAL source to an NTSC display you likely ended up with an image that is in black and white. This is due to the differences in color transmission.

The link is helpful and I think that is the issue. A couple of things I have since found - the camera is an A-Sure one with dynamic lines which I know shouldn't dispaly on lowline installation but is doing? It is definately coded for lowline so that is strange to begin with. The other thing is the camera is NTSC/Pal so I am thinking it might be defaulting to Pal and that could be the issue also. I think starting point may be to purchase a true NTSC only camera and see if that sorts it? I thought coding would be the hard part as never done it before but that went really well!

Are you connecting to a T6 Discovery headunit or an aftermarket headunit?
If aftermarket, see if there is a setting on the headunit to change the video format for NTSC or PAL.
If connecting to the T6 headunit, then the camera needs to be PAL only. Looking at the A-Sure camera's they all say for use with their radios which might mean all their gear is NTSC. I'd go for another camera that states PAL only.

Are you connecting to a T6 Discovery headunit or an aftermarket headunit?
If aftermarket, see if there is a setting on the headunit to change the video format for NTSC or PAL.
If connecting to the T6 headunit, then the camera needs to be PAL only. Looking at the A-Sure camera's they all say for use with their radios which might mean all their gear is NTSC. I'd go for another camera that states PAL only.
It is the original MIB2 so no setting to change the format. However, my understanding from this Forum and reading online is the MIB2 only works with NTSC and not PAL?

I was thinking UK/EU vans would be PAL. Maybe not.
Try get an NTSC only camera. Let us know if it works.

Problem solved - I purchased a dedicated NTSC camera (not easy as most aftermarket ones are Pal/NTSC which is what I had orriginally) and I now have a good stable colour picture. Also worth mentioning that many online say they are NTSC but when you ask the question they are Pal/NTSC which for me was the problem.

Being new to the site I wasn't sure If I could mention companies but it was Audio Tech Direct (ATD) £9.99 and a true NTSC which sorted it out instantly. Got to be honest the coding was very simple to do (never used VCDS before) so well pleased. Not sure whether the clean 12V supply sorted the scrolling or if just the NTSC camera would have sorted it.

Back