Retrofitting Xenon headlights T5.1

Gemo

Hi everyone
Please delete if this is not allowed here.
I was hoping to retro fit Xenon headlights to my T5.1.
I understand I need to fit front and rear level sensors. A headlight range control module and auto lights and rain sensors with different headlight switch aswell as a upgraded BCM.
I understand that Kufatec offer a adapter loom to go between the halogen
plug in the existing wiring loom to the Xenon socket in the xenon headlight
unit.
I understand you need to add two additional wires to the Kufatec harness to get it to work correctly.
I was thinking of if buying an Vw genuine Xenon headlight wiring
loom,7E0971114AN with fog lights and PDC option instead of the Kufatec
adaptor.
The loom will cost me about 150 euros and the Kufatec will cost me with
import duties about 70 euros.
I was thinking the wiring loom would dramatically reduce the wiring issues
and dramatically ease the installation.
What do you all think ?
Thank you in advance for taking time to read my post.

Kufatec do a loom for 5.1 so you shouldnt need to add anything, its the T6 retrofit that uses more cables so if you start with a 5.1 kufatec loom you have to add more wires to fit it to a T6

I have Xenon lights, my original BCM (running a T6 BCM now) has the following details : Part No SW: 7H0 937 090 D HW: 7H0 937 090

As an alternative approach, you could consider an aftermarket LED projector upgrade to your headlamps.
I have recently completed LED projector installation on OEM H4 T5.1(2015) headlamps for a friend of mine.
I bought a pair of universal LED projectors. I think it was from eBay and the cost was around €150 = £131.
Removal of the headlamps, splitting them in half, putting projectors in place of H4 bulb and the whole reassembly took me a total of 4 hours.
I was so surprised how easy it is to separate the front lens from the rest of the headlamp. No heat gun was required, just one pretty big flat screwdriver, one prying tool and sharp blade. Just started in the top inner corner of each lamp and it went extremely easy.
20220916_105444.jpg
20220916_105453.jpg

Projectors were also equipped with quite cool DRL rings. It is hard to judge the effect from photos taken in full daylight, but have a look below.
20220916_112650.jpg
20220916_112639.jpg

The projector kit includes few adapters/washers and the actual projector fits in the place of the H4 bulb literally like Plug & Play.

My friend didn't want to upgrade his BCM and unfortunately there was no way to adjust coding (on his BCM) to allow low beam to stay ON when high beam was ON.
As a solution, I have used one relay per headlamp to feed low beam while high was ON and simultaneously isolate the original low beam supply.
Basically, I didn't want to cut the wiring outside the headlamps and run any extra wires in between the headlamps.
Final result looks like OEM, externally there is not a single indication of anyone tampering with the headlamps.

20220917_094720.jpg
20220917_094657.jpg

Some final results at night.
IMG-20220916-WA0020.jpg

Plus the night test drive.

Reactions: mmi
So I have got my xenon headlights all set up with the correct bulbs in every lamp. I have tried a quick test using the Kufatec xenon to halogen wiring loom adaptors.
I have got everything working. The xenon works in both low beam and the gate lifts to give me high beam. High beam second lamp works so does the indicator. The only thing that does not work is the DRL led bulbs. Is this normal.

If it’s retrofitter correctly it will operate as per factory so I guess if you are confident in your wiring and parts then it’s probably a coding error

Hi all, new here and a complete newbie when it come to Transporters so need a bit of help/guidance please

I have a 2012 T5.1 sportline with factory xenon headlights, ordered some of the Transporter HQ V3 LED headlights but they don’t seem to be compatible?

Could they be installed with an adaptor (if such a thing exists) or would they require a wiring change/programming as the sockets don’t marry up?

Thanks

Back