Retro rear parking sensors?

New2t6

T6 Pro
Hi
I've had vw fit rear sensors today......has anyone else done this and got a visual aid on the stereo or is it only the beeping ?
Ta

There are two options when fitting this sort of kit
Aftermarket beepers that are readily available and easy to fit (i suspect this is what your dealer has fitted)
Retro fit kits using genuine VW sensors coupled with an aftermarket custom wiring loom that performs exactly as if it left the factory with them (dealers generally wont fit these kits as the wiring is non standard and in some cases (but not for parking sensors) requires reprogramming of the vehicle outside of VWs guided repair program)

I'm a bit annoyed with vw at the moment, firstly they damaged the bumper whilst fitting the sensors.....which they then fixed poorly and it's going to need to be redone. They have said they'll fix it. The sensors aren't what I was expecting....in the accessories brochure they are fully painted but the ones they've fitted have a black plastic looking ring around a painted centre......and finally....they don't work correctly....they're just beeping constantly!
And I thought there would be a visual aid in the stereo.
Rant over.

They are probably just basic Cobra ones, as VW has/had a deal with them..

They are going off because they are picking up the ground behind, so should be angled sufficiently...

Post a pic up

Tap upload a file then navigate on your phone/computer to the photo you want to post and you will see a small black box flickering in the top right corner while it loads, if you are on a mobile/tablet be patient while it loads as will take longer than a laptop/pc
Once uploaded use the buttons down the bottom to insert it into the post

Back