[Resolved] What the heck is this (LED level sensor)?

Crazymind

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anybody on this? Rear passenger side wheel, just in front of the coil, look like an aerial connected only at the bottom not at the top. What is this for? And should it be attached to the square box just on top?
I have got electronic dumpers if of any help.
IMG-9855.jpg

IMG-9856.jpg

Last edited:
Quite common on vehicles with LED lights and suspension changes.

If the sensor arm is not disconnected it will snap when the rear axle is pulled down to replace springs.

I've fixed a few now using a bonnet strut threaded ball.

Another vw garage who don’t know what they are doing. Unusual thatn?.over £150 quid , make sure they replace it , that can’t break it self

Had the VW Garage to look at it while they are replacing the driveshaft (770 quid!!!).They have replaced the spring 15 months ago. I wasn’t aggressive about it but they were not going to take the blame after 15 months. However I have been quite firm about my opinion on the matter, suggesting it might have happened at the time of Coil replacement. Desk had a chat with the Mech and got back to me offering free labour to replace it and me to pay the part. I took the deal with no more discussion. After 15 months I think it’s fair enough, and I have appreciated their effort to make me happy. They are usually very thorough and knowledgeable with my Van and so far this has been the best garage to look after my van. Job was quoted 280 squid, just the part makes total 152. Can’t still believe they charge 128 pounds one hour…!

Back