Headlight Range Control issue since replacing ARBs

Mrtints

VCDS User | Camper Conversions
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a fault with headlight range control showing

“Rear Left headlight sensor short circuit to b+ / open circuit”

Slightly baffled as the sensor is on the OSR arm.

I have changed ARB front and back, did rear first, no problem, then did front next day and it’s flagged the fault.

I scanned on obd 11 as I had it handy, yet to do a VCDS scan but it’s coming up as intermittant fault but won’t clear.

When I did rear roll bar, I had to drill the screws holding the sensor to the bracket wondered if that’s done something.

Oddly enough the headlights do the leveling thing when ignition on or running a scan.

I have loads of other faults in gateway about undefined or missing control modules too - I have been messing about with it though.

Am I looking at wiring or a sensor?

I have a fault with headlight range control showing

“Rear Left headlight sensor short circuit to b+ / open circuit”

Slightly baffled as the sensor is on the OSR arm.

I have changed ARB front and back, did rear first, no problem, then did front next day and it’s flagged the fault.

I scanned on obd 11 as I had it handy, yet to do a VCDS scan but it’s coming up as intermittant fault but won’t clear.

When I did rear roll bar, I had to drill the screws holding the sensor to the bracket wondered if that’s done something.

Oddly enough the headlights do the leveling thing when ignition on or running a scan.

I have loads of other faults in gateway about undefined or missing control modules too - I have been messing about with it though.

Am I looking at wiring or a sensor?
My initial thoughts would be the sensor being upset by the ARB being fitted, but you’ve acknowledged the presence of the sensor (some fitters seem not to, with members reporting damage caused where the sensor isn’t removed during replacement of the ARB, or refitted to it properly) so check both are sitting as they should - front and rear.

Then it’d be wiring and connectors - can you unplug them and check for water ingress?

Back