[RESOLVED] Interior light and sidelights after lining

Gus G

Hi, New to the forum today
I own a 65 plate T6 LWB Combi and have just been sound proofing and insulating the rear side & ceiling panels in preperation to start a slow DIY day van/Camper conversion..
I've not moved or touched any wiring at all EXCEPT one of the original ceiling light internal connectors broke into bits as i pulled it from its ceiling housing... didnt really think anything of it as no wires became exposed and the socket connector is still in one piece..
But I've now got a bit of an issue going on with NO side lights, Front or Back and I cant make any sense of it at all ?
Tried changing fuses & even the bulbs
Also pulled all the panels back down to check all the wiring and its all still in tack'd, nothing has changed at all..

Anyone got any ideas please?

Cheers

Shorting the ceiling lights often takes out the sidelights or just the tail lamp fuse.
Sometimes, after changing a fuse, you need to let the BCM rest. It’ll then reset and the lights should come back on as normal.

Does it work this morning?

More reading here:

Shorting the ceiling lights often takes out the sidelights or just the tail lamp fuse.
Sometimes, after changing a fuse, you need to let the BCM rest. It’ll then reset and the lights should come back on as normal.

Does it work this morning?

More reading here:

Thanks for the reply
Unfortunately I’m not certain I’ve changed the correct fuses... but I’ve almost changed every 7.5amp fuse that’s in the panel now (very fiddly to get to aren’t they!!)
So no changes at all yet.. but I’ll give it all another change around today.
Im a bit relieved to hear and read that it’s probably just a minor fault instead of my wrong doings making it something major and in need of VW workshops ££££’s
Thanks again, I’ll keep trying

Thanks for the reply
Unfortunately I’m not certain I’ve changed the correct fuses... but I’ve almost changed every 7.5amp fuse that’s in the panel now (very fiddly to get to aren’t they!!)
So no changes at all yet.. but I’ll give it all another change around today.
Im a bit relieved to hear and read that it’s probably just a minor fault instead of my wrong doings making it something major and in need of VW workshops ££££’s
Thanks again, I’ll keep trying
Yeah, there’s references to fuses in some links under that tag, so it’s worth methodically working through them on the back of whatever you’ve checked / changed so far. Good luck.

If its blown it will be fuse 5 in the dash fusebox, counting up from the bottom left, its the first blade type fuse (1-4 are square box type fuses if present) should be a 7.5amp

Me again
Image if my fuse board
I’ve now changed all the normal sized fuses on the board again this morning and found nothing blown at all... So will now also try all the mini fuses too..
I’ll also disconnect/reconnect the battery after I’ve worked through the fuses.
Do I then need to leave things for a while to allow them to reset themselves??
8B9D0C7B-3A18-431E-A95A-DD054A988E0C.jpeg

Thanks guys
For some reason there was a 7.5amp dead fuse in the middle column too... and even after replacing that it doesn’t appear to actually do anything at all?? Have left that where it is anyway.
So the original duff fuse I pulled out from just above the square green fuse in column 1 hadn’t been replaced at all !!
Now it’s all working normally
Cheers

Back