Pathetic T6.1 Glovebox

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am delighted with my new T6.1 Highline van and all of the mods which have been completed......I am 99.9% happy.....but.... not only is the glove box only big enough for, erm, gloves, but it is nasty thin tacky plastic and frankly out of sync with the rest of my shiny new machine.

Just the storage of a locking wheel nut and a dog lead has installed a significant rattle and I wondered if anyone knows of a way of improving the "rattle proofness" by flocking it some other process?

Maybe an upgraded glove box is available somewhere?

You can save the rattle from the wheel bolt key by replacing the locking bolts with standard bolts before they turn to cheese and you can't get the wheels off.
Sound advice, but not going to Improve my glovebox!

I am delighted with my new T6.1 Highline van and all of the mods which have been completed......I am 99.9% happy.....but.... not only is the glove box only big enough for, erm, gloves, but it is nasty thin tacky plastic and frankly out of sync with the rest of my shiny new machine.

Just the storage of a locking wheel nut and a dog lead has installed a significant rattle and I wondered if anyone knows of a way of improving the "rattle proofness" by flocking it some other process?

Maybe an upgraded glove box is available somewhere?
I generally use some of the "non slip" mat that you can pick up for a £1 from loads of places for issues such as this.

It's cheap and can easily be cut to shape. You can use two layers if necessary and it generally stays in place.

Not neat or elegant, but it works.

61r6vNTGiVL._AC_SY580_.jpg

I generally use some of the "non slip" mat that you can pick up for a £1 from loads of places for issues such as this.

It's cheap and can easily be cut to shape. You can use two layers if necessary and it generally stays in place.

View attachment 138044
Great suggestion. I shall also do the same in the plastic Kiravan door bin pockets.

None slip matting works a treat, I've used to line the cupboards in the camper to stop rattles.

You could get some carpet liners for your glovebox / door pockets if you wanted a more elegant solution... My conversion came with liners from rugsforbugs.co.uk and they're great. I'm sure you can get them other places too, it's just this is where mine came from.

You can have them trimmed / edged to match the colours of your van too, if you are so inclined :)

Last edited:
Rugs for bugs do Matts for the door storage too. I have them in mine and are great.

View attachment 138044
I wonder if this post breaches the forum rules? Surely a cheap and simple solution is not allowed?!!

That’s today’s mod sorted!!!

Spray the glovebox with Plastidip. You can choose colours as well and when not needed, remove/peel off.

I have an equally useless T6 glovebox, it’s full so there isn’t any space to create a rattle.

I have an equally useless T6 glovebox, it’s full so there isn’t any space to create a rattle.
Oooh! Does it not have felt lining? Then you should sell your van and get another T6 :p:think smile bounce::uh run:

Back